Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello! New guy here.

Go down 
+2
silvertonguedevil
Don Standridge
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Don Standridge

Don Standridge

Hello! New guy here. Empty
PostSubject: Hello! New guy here.   Hello! New guy here. EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 11:13 pm

I'm Don and I'm new to the group. I grew up in Elk Grove although my home now in Fresno. I attend as many of the Nor Cal VW events as possible, along with shows in So Cal.

My current VW collection includes: 1956 European Ragtop (Coral Red) with a 4" narrowed beam. Recently a neighbors 1966 Squareback followed me home after sitting since 1981 - we're in the tail end of a complete mechanical restoration - the plan is to have my wife drive the Squareback and caravan to shows together. The SB is sporting all original paint and interior - with no pan rust. I think it'll be a safe fun ride for Kelly.

See you at the shows,
Don
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New guy here.   Hello! New guy here. EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 9:17 am

Hey Don. Welcome! First off, you should know that my Holy Grail (for me anyway) is a Coral Red Oval Rag. So I can't wait to see your car. Just don't yell at me if a I get a little drool on it. Can't wait to meet you......but your car more importantly. Laughing

j/k
Back to top Go down
Don Standridge

Don Standridge

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New guy here.   Hello! New guy here. EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:51 am

Thanks Greg, I'll be at the TRP swap later today, I'm trying to make some space for the squareback in the garage so I'm bringing a carload of stuff that wouldn't fit in the oval.
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New guy here.   Hello! New guy here. EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Welcome Don! looking forward to meeting you at the TRP event.

Jeff
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New guy here.   Hello! New guy here. EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Welcome to the gang! See you at TRP...
Back to top Go down
my65rhd
SacTown
my65rhd

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New guy here.   Hello! New guy here. EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:25 pm

Welcome Don. Glad you found us. Looking forward to seeing you tonight....Kyle
Back to top Go down
Don Standridge

Don Standridge

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New guy here.   Hello! New guy here. EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Thanks guys - We had an awesome time last last night. I've attended every TRP event to date and they just get better and better. We sold a lot of swap stuff and should be able to get the squareback into the garage once it's gets released from the Dr.

See you at the next event.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New guy here.   Hello! New guy here. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 9:34 am

I never ended up running into you. I guess I wouldn't know though if I did or not. Laughing

Which booth was yours?
Back to top Go down
Don Standridge

Don Standridge

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New guy here.   Hello! New guy here. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 11:23 pm

I was on the very end - closest to the sales flap bus - I had all the really good "treasures" for sale.

I hate not having a VW at events like that - no one ever knows who you are - but there was no way all that "treasure" would fit in my oval - and I bought even more stuff to take home - LOL.

I'm always at BOR and have been making all the TRP events - I'm sure we'll run into each other.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New guy here.   Hello! New guy here. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 11:57 pm

Welcome to the board. Glad to see some new people joining up. Look forward to seeing you at one of the events.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Don Standridge

Don Standridge

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New guy here.   Hello! New guy here. EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:26 pm

Thank you El Dorado Herbie and Dann!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello! New guy here.   Hello! New guy here. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello! New guy here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: About Us :: Welcome - Networking :: Welcome-
Jump to: