Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dsimas

dsimas

My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink Empty
PostSubject: My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink   My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:04 pm

My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink IMG00408-20111011-1352

Last weekend I got the privilege to be the official tow vehicle driver, and provider of food, Monsters, and Rock Stars. What a fun trip down, all of us like our music loud, telling BS stories and some heart to hearts, getting pumped for the race, keeping each other awake, etc. Included was Tony providing an Axl Rose impersonation that was spooky. It wasn't a roadtrip, it was an adventure. We got to the hotel very late, the Racer Party was still going strong and the hottub was open, but by the time we got checked in, the bar and the tub were closed. Sad Up early, Starbucks for fuel, off to the track as the sun rose, the fun began.

Being an old timer myself, it was truly odd to be at a BOR, but not at Sacto Raceway. Lots of cool cars in the show, but I only snapped a few pics. I had to keep towing Tony to the starting line, so couldn't walk too far off. Smile

This one is for sale on the samba.
My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink IMG00393-20111009-1114

My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink IMG00392-20111009-1111
My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink IMG00391-20111009-1109

And in the races:

My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink IMG00397-20111009-1129
My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink IMG00405-20111009-1531
My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink IMG00404-20111009-1531

Roger Crawford's "mobile garage", this guy is the Big Leagues (buy he still can't beat Tony and Ray):

My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink IMG00396-20111009-1125
My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink IMG00395-20111009-1125

Here's Roger chatting with Ray in the racing lane.

My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink IMG00406-20111009-1540

I got to visit with Gary Berg for a while, haven't seen him in like....uh.... 25 years....

My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink IMG00399-20111009-1244
My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink IMG00398-20111009-1243

How else would racers flip their burgers?

My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink IMG00401-20111009-1401

Here's my home movie of the day. Tony won the final round with an 11.17 against a close 11.21 from Kevin Barrett. Sorry for the shaky camera, this was all filmed with my cell phone (except the in car vid of the final).

And I was happy to learn that Tony was on board with my favorite Dinner For Winners: a dozen or so Jack In The Box tacos. Smile

P.S. Tony, I didn't even mention the Palmdale Incident... Wink
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink   My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:17 pm

Man! That sounds like a blast.
Back to top Go down
Submarine Driver

Submarine Driver

PostSubject: Re: My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink   My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Awesome video. I couldn't help but laugh when you covered the tach readout Smile

What was the first song?
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink   My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:35 pm

Thanks for the report Dawn. It brings back memories when I used to help my friend in So Cal. with his dragster. affraid He ran in the sand. I will have to scan and post a picture. (no digital cameras back then).

here is the progression from back in 1983 when I helped

The track is 300' long and the top fuel dragsters run around 2.3 seconds at over 160 mph

good time, good times

btw my friend was in a corvair powered dragster, not even close to the above times and speed
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink   My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:06 am

Wow Jeff, that's cool that you got that opportunity! There were a few VW powered dragsters, they were getting 7's in the 1/4 mile, amazing. But I like the flames that come out of the ones in your video. Twisted Evil

Chris: I had to cover the tach. People can learn their secrets by the info on the tach...
Also, that first song is one of my favorites. It's on the Matrix Soundtrack and was out during the underground rave scene, it's called Clubbed To Death (Kurayamino Mix) and it's by Rob Dougan. Smile
Back to top Go down
Submarine Driver

Submarine Driver

PostSubject: Re: My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink   My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:03 pm

I understand. I think my favorite part was the end of the video. You really captured how happy Tony was!

Thanks for the info on the song I'm going to go get it. I've been listening to some music like that lately it's something different that the usual.
Back to top Go down
rayvallero

rayvallero

PostSubject: Re: My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink   My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:56 am

COOL STUFF Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.valleros.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink   My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink Empty

Back to top Go down

My report on Bugorama Socal with Ray and Tony Klink
Page 1 of 1