Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New guy to the area/forum!!!

Go down 
+7
amishman
Low Class
west coast ghia
my65rhd
Bradford
Smogman72
DropgateLefty
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DropgateLefty

DropgateLefty

New guy to the area/forum!!! Empty
PostSubject: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:41 pm

New to Cali- hoping to network and meet some great VW peeps!

I recently moved to California from FL, where I was heavily into the VW scene. Hoping to hook up with some great local folks and hang out and support some events and clubs.

I drove my 1959 single cab every inch of the way from Daytona Beach, FL to Sacramento, and had a blast doing it. I am on the Samba.com (same user name) and posted up some pics of my travel.

I am now settled in Roseville, and don't know anyone in the vw scene, with the exception of the good folks at Bugformance.

I will be searching around here on the forum, and hope to settle in and get my Dubbin' on.

Look forward to seeing some of you around!!

-Tommy

Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:01 pm

AWESOME!!!!!! WELCOME!!!!! JUST IN TIME FOR THE SHOW SEASON TO START.

WE TRY TO PUT ALL THE EVENTS BOTH ON THE CALENDAR TAB AND THE EVENTS PAGE OF COARSE. NEXT THING I CAN THINK OF IS TECH DAY IN THE FOOTHILLS HERE ON THE 21ST

HOPE TO SEE THE SINGLE CAB SOON
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 5:41 pm

Welcome. The SacTown is new as of last year and is gaining momentum. Plenty of great folks around you. Just keep checking in. Events start to pick up in March!

Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
my65rhd
SacTown
my65rhd

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Welcome to California and the Forums. Plenty of good people and shows...Talk soon Kyle
Back to top Go down
west coast ghia
SacTown
west coast ghia

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 pm

welcome. my mom lives in DB
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/lonnyatforyourride
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Welcome to town!
Back to top Go down
amishman
State Route
amishman

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:10 am

Welcome.

Nice 59 SC.

I own a 60 myself, of course she has been in perpetual repair for the last, ummm, bagillion years. Thankful I have other ac VWs I can putz around in though.

Do you have the crank start handle and all that for your 59? Or was it a late 59 that did not have it?

tj

ohana59single wrote:

I recently moved to California from FL, where I was heavily into the VW scene. Hoping to hook up with some great local folks and hang out and support some events and clubs.

I drove my 1959 single cab every inch of the way from Daytona Beach, FL to Sacramento, and had a blast doing it. I am on the Samba.com (same user name) and posted up some pics of my travel.

I am now settled in Roseville, and don't know anyone in the vw scene, with the exception of the good folks at Bugformance.

I will be searching around here on the forum, and hope to settle in and get my Dubbin' on.

-Tommy

Back to top Go down
http://www.vwhippie.com

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:14 am

Welcome to the west coast Tommy!
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:15 am

Nice.....some fresh meat! HA HA. j/k.

Welcome! The Sactown group will be having our first meeting Thursday the 26th. Here's the link....
http://www.norcalvdubs.com/t1101-sactown-vdubs-meeting-thursday-night-1-26-12

Did you have anything to do with Wide 5 down in Florida?
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Tommy, WELCOME!

I am loving your SC, and even more so because you drive it daily and brought it cross country. That rocks dude! cheers

If you want to venture up to Auburn sometime, we should all get together for a dinner/gather at Mel's Diner. I will post more under Events and see who's up for it.

Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Did somebody say Mel's??
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:53 am

Mel's rocks...

Good place to talk v-dubs and speed! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:33 pm

I want to go to mels
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:05 pm

How about Mel's next Sunday, Jan 15? 1pm in Auburn. It will be Hugo's "coming out" party. Rides are $5. Wink affraid

Looking forward to meeting you Tommy and seeing your truck!!
Back to top Go down
Submarine Driver

Submarine Driver

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Why don't you bring Hugo to the import drag races that Sunday at Sac raceway?
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Submarine Driver wrote:
Why don't you bring Hugo to the import drag races that Sunday at Sac raceway?

INFO PLEASE?
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:43 pm

Ruh Roh Shaggy...
Back to top Go down
Submarine Driver

Submarine Driver

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Sorry for the Hijacking. I love to here of people driving their vw's!

Dawn-
Last time I attended there were some VW's running with I think NASA however this is mostly Honda's.
http://sacramentoraceway.com/CMI.html
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:23 am

I think I can swing Sunday at !PM

Dawn if I bring $10.00 will my ride be twice as fast??
Back to top Go down
DropgateLefty

DropgateLefty

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:13 am

The build date for the truck is Apr '59, but as far as I can tell she was never equipped with a crank handle. At least there is no hole in the apron.

amishman wrote:
Welcome.

Nice 59 SC.

I own a 60 myself, of course she has been in perpetual repair for the last, ummm, bagillion years. Thankful I have other ac VWs I can putz around in though.

Do you have the crank start handle and all that for your 59? Or was it a late 59 that did not have it?

tj

ohana59single wrote:

-Tommy

Back to top Go down
DropgateLefty

DropgateLefty

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:19 am

silvertonguedevil wrote:
Nice.....some fresh meat! HA HA. j/k.

Welcome! The Sactown group will be having our first meeting Thursday the 26th. Here's the link....
http://www.norcalvdubs.com/t1101-sactown-vdubs-meeting-thursday-night-1-26-12

Did you have anything to do with Wide 5 down in Florida?

I owned/ran a cafe in Fl where we had VW nights on the third Sat of every month, and some of the Wide 5 guys showed occasionally.
Stevo (Wide 5)was in the business of flipping VW's, and I nearly bought a '59 panel from him before finding my old S'cab.

Look forward to meeting some of you guys out at Mike's.
Back to top Go down
DropgateLefty

DropgateLefty

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:21 am

Sounds great! I would def. be up for that.

dsimas wrote:
How about Mel's next Sunday, Jan 15? 1pm in Auburn. It will be Hugo's "coming out" party. Rides are $5. Wink affraid

Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:17 am

Good deal! Tony, the owner of the Mel's Diner, loves the cars and we always park right in front. See you then!
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:38 am

Dawn, you might call and let them know we're coming.
Back to top Go down
amishman
State Route
amishman

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:54 pm

dsimas wrote:

I think Michelle and I "might" be able to bring the Syncro Camper down the hill. Have family coming up Saturday but Sunday appears open at the moment.

tj
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwhippie.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy to the area/forum!!!   New guy to the area/forum!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

New guy to the area/forum!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: About Us :: Welcome - Networking :: Welcome-
Jump to: