Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where the hell is the gas going!!!

Go down 
+3
justcruzin
silvertonguedevil
Breck
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Breck

Breck

Where the hell is the gas going!!! Empty
PostSubject: Where the hell is the gas going!!!   Where the hell is the gas going!!! EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Ok all. I am completely stumped!! Two gallons of gas into the tank of my kids 64. Nothing at the filter!!!! Nothing!! So fearing a blocked line at the base of the tank, I pulled it. Its empty!!! Where is the gas going. Now I have gas seaping from the front seam just under brake master cylinder. Is the two gallons now residing in the tunnel???? If so is the hard line not a hard line from the front to the back??? I am so confussed!!!HHHHeeellllppppp
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Where the hell is the gas going!!!   Where the hell is the gas going!!! EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Wait...what? You don't see or smell where it's going?
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: Where the hell is the gas going!!!   Where the hell is the gas going!!! EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Could it possibly be going into the motor some how? You know, like the float stuck open and it is just filling up the motor? This is a total guess. Don't even know if that is possible? But it seems like a likely thing for it to go if you can't see or smell it.
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: Where the hell is the gas going!!!   Where the hell is the gas going!!! EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:20 pm

Greg yes I smell it and it is leaking from under the brake master cylinder slowly.
Kim cant be going to the engine. Thats the problem, wont run because gas is not getting back there.
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: Where the hell is the gas going!!!   Where the hell is the gas going!!! EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Two gallons gone in about ten mins!! Gonna have to move this non rolling bomb out of the garage b4 I burn the place down!!!!
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Where the hell is the gas going!!!   Where the hell is the gas going!!! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:08 am

Two gallons in ten minutes is a hell of a leak. That should be really easy to find.
Back to top Go down
my65rhd
SacTown
my65rhd

PostSubject: Re: Where the hell is the gas going!!!   Where the hell is the gas going!!! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:27 am

I would pull the shifter and see if you smell a strong odor...The hardline has 3 brackets the line runs through. It is one long line. Not a fun job...well I didn't enjoy it lol
Back to top Go down
Rypp73

Rypp73

PostSubject: Re: Where the hell is the gas going!!!   Where the hell is the gas going!!! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:45 am

its the hardline, I smell a special tech day, or is that gas, i'm not sure
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Where the hell is the gas going!!!   Where the hell is the gas going!!! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:35 am

I'll just buy the car from you on the cheap. That way you don't have to worry about it. Its the least I could do. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: Where the hell is the gas going!!!   Where the hell is the gas going!!! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:41 pm

If you don't want to pull the shifter, you could pull the shift rod access plate on the pan head.

Then jack up the back...
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: Where the hell is the gas going!!!   Where the hell is the gas going!!! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Rear end is now jacked up and it is slowly leaking out of the tunnel. Gonna take a while so its back under the tarp in the front of the garage until its all clear!!
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: Where the hell is the gas going!!!   Where the hell is the gas going!!! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Could be the hard line rusted through from sitting a while. That car does have some other bizzare rust formations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where the hell is the gas going!!!   Where the hell is the gas going!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Where the hell is the gas going!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: VW Tech and Chat-
Jump to: