Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New VW guy here

Go down 
+6
my65rhd
Breck
sactownbug
silvertonguedevil
west coast ghia
monkeykoder
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
monkeykoder

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:59 am

Just got my first air cooled a few months back that I am hoping to slowly restore. She's a '67 in need of lots of love she runs but barely and I'm lacking any decent place to work on her.
Back to top Go down
west coast ghia
SacTown
west coast ghia

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:15 pm

welcome to the the group. i had a `67
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/lonnyatforyourride
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:30 pm

I also had a '67. Welcome! Got any pics?
Back to top Go down
sactownbug

sactownbug

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Welcome, I have a '67 also. Are you doing a stock restoration?
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
my65rhd
SacTown
my65rhd

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Welcome to the group...67's are very cool
Back to top Go down
euphgirl
SacTown
euphgirl

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:16 pm

Welcome!

I have a 66 :-)
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Lita, that doesn't count. geek
Back to top Go down
monkeykoder

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Definitely hoping in the very long run to get it completely restored to stock that's a very long term goal as I'm pretty sure the only stock part on it is the engine.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 8:01 pm

67's are a difficult one to restore back to original if the original parts are missing. A lot of one-year-only stuff there! Stephen has an excellent unmolested original car if you need reference.
Back to top Go down
euphgirl
SacTown
euphgirl

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 8:13 pm

silvertonguedevil wrote:
Lita, that doesn't count. geek

Yes it does!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
monkeykoder

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 8:13 pm

silvertonguedevil wrote:
67's are a difficult one to restore back to original if the original parts are missing. A lot of one-year-only stuff there! Stephen has an excellent unmolested original car if you need reference.

It would help if my original intention had been to restore a '67 but a '67 is what I have so it looks like that's the one I'll work on. Right now I'm just working on getting it running right again it has gotten a little temperamental after my move down here to Roseville even more so than it was before. It made it the first 150mi of the trip just fine and the last 50 in 5mi increments with no signs of overheating.
Back to top Go down
sactownbug

sactownbug

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 8:47 pm

silvertonguedevil wrote:

.....as my sainted Mother would say, "It's STEVEN---with a 'V'---just like it sounds".....
Back to top Go down
euphgirl
SacTown
euphgirl

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:05 pm

sactownbug wrote:
silvertonguedevil wrote:

.....as my sainted Mother would say, "It's STEVEN---with a 'V'---just like it sounds".....

lol!
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 10:18 pm

Welcome the the group. I have a '69....Ghia.

I have never owned a '67. Just thought I would share.
Back to top Go down
monkeykoder

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 10:50 pm

Mateo wrote:
Welcome the the group. I have a '69....Ghia.

I have never owned a '67. Just thought I would share.

If I had my first choice I'd own a Ghia but things rarely work out that way and I would still eventually have to get a Beetle.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 10:50 pm

sactownbug wrote:
silvertonguedevil wrote:

Sorry. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Did you all see we he said? Did you?!?!

There will be no tolerating me now!
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:08 pm

Welcome to the group! I think it would be great to restore a 67. When I first told my hubby I wanted to get another bug, he and his friend said to stay away from 67 because of the one year only thing. Now that I have been doing a lot of reading on different sites, I would love to have one. The parts are out there, you just have to keep an eye out. In fact we got our 2 hose reservoir out of a 67 at PnP. That and a few other little goodies that someone else left on there. So it is possible.

Good luck with your project and I'll be sure to let you know if I see any 67's at PnP! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Welcome to the group. If you need help with the car let us know. I am sure we can help you get in running properly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
monkeykoder

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 12:14 am

I will admit I could use the help. I would love to see her running a lot better she deserves it.
Back to top Go down
euphgirl
SacTown
euphgirl

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 12:29 am

Tech day is this Sunday!
Back to top Go down
monkeykoder

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 12:35 am

I was just about to say I was looking forward to the next tech day but when I looked at it it looked like it would have been last Sunday which would have meant I just missed it. Of course getting anywhere takes a considerable amount of time if it's outside of a 5mi radius from where I live...
Back to top Go down
euphgirl
SacTown
euphgirl

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 12:40 am

It's on April 1st and it's in Citrus Heights.
Back to top Go down
monkeykoder

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 12:43 am

Hmmm depending on where in Citrus Heights that will take me between 15min and 2hrs to get there Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New VW guy here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New VW guy here   New VW guy here Empty

Back to top Go down

New VW guy here
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: About Us :: Welcome - Networking :: Welcome-
Jump to: