Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???

Go down 
+2
Davids74Super
OldSkoolVWLover
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OldSkoolVWLover
SacTown
OldSkoolVWLover

PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? Empty
PostSubject: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:56 pm

On certain threads (haven't found the pattern yet), I am seeing a photobucket bandwidth exceeded message.

Any chance you know what image this is that is throwing the error for the forums? I have some server space and a TON of bandwidth that we really don't use. I could host the image, at this point these forums don't have too much traffic I doubt it will even come close to touching my bandwidth any time in the near future. The server I am using I have been running for 2+ years and we don't come close to capping our server space and/or bandwidth.

Just wanted to offer it up, if I can help, feel free to post here or PM me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.EarlyWatercooled.org
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:58 pm

I have that message all over my screen as well.
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:00 pm

I thought it was just me.. All the photos I have on here are thru photobucket.. so let me do some tweaking and if need be might take you up on the server offer. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
OldSkoolVWLover
SacTown
OldSkoolVWLover

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:02 pm

No worries..... let me know. I have noticed in some threads it doesn't show up for everybody (in my view currently it is showing up for all 3 of us that have posted in this thread).

edit: now its not showing for David...... I tried a right click to find the image source but wasn't getting anything and at the moment don't have time to dig into the page source code.
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:30 pm

I'm not seeing it anywhere now.
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:48 am

I still have one icon on my own post.. weird.. but other than that????
I invested a whole 6.99 to get more memory for the forum and another 2.99 with photobucket to get unlimited bandwidth.. so hopefully that will help.

Keep me posted if it still happens.
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:13 am

OK now I have it again. Both bottom corners of the screen, and in the top right corner of my posts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:17 am

I am only getting it on certain post now.. so maybe a problem with the host server.. might be better in a day or two.. if not I will call and see what's up.
Back to top Go down
OldSkoolVWLover
SacTown
OldSkoolVWLover

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:31 am

Currently (on a different computer than last night), it was showing on both my posts in this thread and the bottom right hand corners on every page so far this morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:35 am

It seems to have to do with the pics from the "skin" of the forum. That is why I am wondering if this is something on there end that is the problem. The skin pics are from them.. not from me. So that would be there photobucket account not mine. If this does not go away soon, I will try changing skins and see if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:54 pm

OldSkoolVWLover wrote:
Currently (on a different computer than last night), it was showing on both my posts in this thread and the bottom right hand corners on every page so far this morning.

Same here. just my posts only, no one elses.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:17 pm

SEEMS TO HAVE WORKED SO FAR FOR ME....NOT SURE IF I LIKE THE ALL BLACK BACKGROUND AND RED LETTERING BUT WHATEVER WORKS...DO IT. I DO LIKE THAT IT NOW HAS "ONLINE" IN THE CORNER OF THE AVATAR FOR THOSE THAT ARE. IT KILLED THE LOGO AT THE TOP AS WELL. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm

Well.. just changed it.. might be able to play with the colors.. I do like the features.. but will keep playing!
Back to top Go down
OldSkoolVWLover
SacTown
OldSkoolVWLover

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:44 pm

I can dig it.... just gonna have to get used to looking to the right for user info (so used to avatar and what not being on the left on forums). Not complaining though, it's clean.
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:04 am

Yeah, the Avatar on the right is strange but I like the black and red theme.
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:54 am

What a chore trying to find a new skin that fits us.. .man! Figure I would try this one and see what you all think.
I really liked the original, but it is not showing available anymore, that is why we where having issues.
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:10 am

I like it! I don't mind leaving my sunglasses on while posting Laughing
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:49 am

AHHHHH, MEH EYES!!!! I don't know Brad, this color is like affraid I liked the darker one because it was more stealth at work and didn't stand out so much, lol.
Back to top Go down
OldSkoolVWLover
SacTown
OldSkoolVWLover

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:39 pm

This is bright..... wasn't expecting it when I logged in today.

Is there plans of setting up a dedicated URL and forums? I thought I saw a post talking about a URL being setup. Anyways, if that is coming soon, I would say don't waste too much time on finding a theme for the forums since you switch forum software if you go with a dedicated URL and host.

BTW, the half ass job I do of running a site/forums costs me (and my wonderful friends that shoot me a lil cash and loving support) under $5 a month and the .org URL renewal is under 10 a year (I only renew a year at a time and I haven't shopped around since setup).

Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:18 pm

All right... All right..

This one is not so bright.. little more stealth for you desk jockies out there..hehehe.

I think this one will work.. there is like 200 plus skins to look at. So this will work till I find just the right one, or someone knows how to build one of these.

Yes, I was going to do a website, but just link this forum.. I do not know how to build these forums..
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Perfect!!!
Back to top Go down
OldSkoolVWLover
SacTown
OldSkoolVWLover

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:59 am

I like it... and if you want some info on forums.... I can give you some, probably better in person when we can be in front of a computer.

Personally I host thru godaddy, manages my domain and my monthly hosting. Also they have a built in software for forums. The forums they have built into the hosting are pretty simple and have themes setup, they also have a decent user base with forums for help (if you wanna get deep into it, as I said before I am pretty lazy when it comes to it). If you wanna check out the basic setup we are running checkout the web site I have in my info. If you join the forums, e-mail me or whatever since currently it needs admin approval...

Either way I think this looks good, and could show you some of my low level laziness..... just need some wifi and power. I'm kinda a geek when it comes to electronics, so I know a lil bit about a lot of stuff...... sorry. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:44 pm

I like it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???   PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded??? Empty

Back to top Go down

PhotoBucket bandwidth exceeded???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: State Route Vdubs Affairs-
Jump to: