Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi from Natomas

Go down 
+7
Smogman72
Mateo
Breck
DropgateLefty
silvertonguedevil
euphgirl
VwBugLady79
11 posters
AuthorMessage
VwBugLady79

VwBugLady79

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:49 pm

I didnt mean for this to be so long lol.
Hi all,
I found about this group when i was the Bug Invasion which i thought was so awesome. I have always loved bugs since i was like 9 my all time favorite has always been the 1979 super bettle convertible. I always said i would get one before a certain age (which i wont say being the lady i am) lmbo lol! . Like in my picture it was a long long time dream that seemed was never going to to happen until one day my husband and i were searching for garage sales. Well i came to a sale in the driveway next to.....yeap you guessed it a wrapped up vw convertible that had looked like it had been sittig for years. We stopped just to look at it and the sale too because i hadnt seen too many at that point. My husband started asking questiins about what happened too it how long it had been sitting. The lady had apparently had it for 20 years 10 of which it was sitting in her drive because the engine was froze. I told her of my obsession/love with that particular vw. My husband asked them if the would be willing to sell it to us. She first said that she didnt want to and she had gotton a alot of inquiries about it and had always said no because she hoped to restore it eventually. I was telling her how long i had wanted a vw and how i would restore it back to stock. When she heard and seen how badly i wanted it and how much love i had for it she agreed to sell it t o me. Guess the price she agreed to see it to me keep in mind this car was priceless to me..........$500.00 OMG I couldnt believe it so of course we bought it home and brought it home that very day. The first major thing i did was have a engine put in and smogged finally it was on the street but guess what the top was sooo torn up from water damage and wear i couldnt drive it certain times whichi didnt mind as long as it was running. The next part to go out was a master cylinder a pain in the butt but my husband did it never worked on any car before this. Then the line from the gas pedal toto engine snapped which i fixed ....so proud lol. I bought a passenger mirror from Bugformance. I cleaned the inside and the body up, put the carpets where they went but i didnt install them yet. I still need to find someone to redo my top, install my carpet kit, some hole by battery fixed, rust issue too, and get my seats redone or replacement mine are mostly wire but covered. Besides that it runs great and has passed smog 2 times now. Its a work in progress Smile. My project Smile. I love this site to hear other stories from others that have a passion for vws'.
What i want out of the group is to get some good contacts for people or businesses that perform the work i need done. Also to participate i the meetings ,tech day etc. I love to drive my bug and show it off. What could be more fun then to do it with others?
Oh i had a 73 super beetle that my husband sold not to long ago i sooo didnt want to. I have been thinking about getting a bus, but i want to finish my bettle first.

Last edited by VwBugLady79 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
euphgirl
SacTown
euphgirl

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Welcome! Cool story...I'm in Natomas too; shocked I haven't seen ya around!
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Welcome to the group!! cheers

Congratulations on getting your car also!!
Back to top Go down
DropgateLefty

DropgateLefty

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Yay! Welcome, and congrats on saving another 'dub!
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:42 pm

AWSOME!!!! Another Super Beetle!!!! Welcome
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Welcome to the crew... cheers
Back to top Go down
VwBugLady79

VwBugLady79

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Awwww thank you all Wink
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:29 pm

YES WELCOME!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
justcruzin

justcruzin

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi Priscilla! You sound like me in a way! I too loved bugs ever since I was really young. I told myself that when I got old enough to drive, a bug is what I would be driving. Here is where our story differs. When I turned 15 and a half, with my Dad's help I was able to buy a 73 bug!! It was the coolest thing to be able to drive that to school and back!! Very Happy

Anyway, they have tech day's at Breck's house. There is one coming up on April 1st. You can get more info on Sactown Affairs section of the forum. Also there is a meetiing in Roseville this coming up Friday. More info in the Events section.

Welcome aboard!!

Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Welcome to the group. Look forward to meeting you at one of the next events.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
west coast ghia
SacTown
west coast ghia

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:27 pm

welcome to the group and thank you for coming out to the VW INVASION brought to you by NORCAL VDUBS.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/lonnyatforyourride
VwBugLady79

VwBugLady79

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:03 pm

west coast ghia wrote:
welcome to the group and thank you for coming out to the VW INVASION brought to you by NORCAL VDUBS.
The show turned out great i would have stayed longer but because of the rain i had to leave quick like. My convertible doesnt have a top lol. Luckly my husband drove it home and i took his burb although my son did love the ride home in the rain. I havent got a chance to go to bugarama yet, but to me the bug invasion was the next best thing Smile. I cant wait to meet everyone and see their Vdubs.
Back to top Go down
west coast ghia
SacTown
west coast ghia

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:05 pm

hook up with us on friday. you can drive the burb. we would like to see new faces
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/lonnyatforyourride
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:07 pm

X2!!
Back to top Go down
VwBugLady79

VwBugLady79

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:48 pm

euphgirl wrote:

Yeah me too :0 ..thats one sweet ride u have. Smile
Back to top Go down
euphgirl
SacTown
euphgirl

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:49 pm

VwBugLady79 wrote:
euphgirl wrote:

Yeah me too :0 ..thats one sweet ride u have. Smile

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Bugman66

Bugman66

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Welcome from a buggy guy   Hi from Natomas  EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Welcome and congrats on your new (to you) bug. You got a great price. Club meetings are a great opportunity to seek recommendations for parts and labor. Bring your husband to the Rocklin Roundtable Pizza for the meeting at 7:00 pm on Friday, March 30.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Natomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Natomas    Hi from Natomas  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Natomas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: About Us :: Welcome - Networking :: Welcome-
Jump to: