Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

bus resto info

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
62type2
SacTown

bus resto info Empty
PostSubject: bus resto info   bus resto info EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:15 pm

I am restoring a 62 panel van, the to do list is long but I can pass alot of info to the type 2 fans. I've replaced the front floor, complete break replacement, rust repair, electrical wire harness, motor rebuild and so on. And the things not even running. But maqn does this bus have soul. I cant wait to bring it to a gathering. I've had close to 10 early busses in my day and love talking type 2.And I live just off hwy 49. Life is good. Party on. Greg.
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

bus resto info Empty
PostSubject: Re: bus resto info   bus resto info EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:30 am

62type2 wrote:
I am restoring a 62 panel van, the to do list is long but I can pass alot of info to the type 2 fans. I've replaced the front floor, complete break replacement, rust repair, electrical wire harness, motor rebuild and so on. And the things not even running. But maqn does this bus have soul. I cant wait to bring it to a gathering. I've had close to 10 early busses in my day and love talking type 2.And I live just off hwy 49. Life is good. Party on. Greg.

I just love how many TypeII folks are coming out of the woodwork.
Back to top Go down
OldSkoolVWLover
SacTown
OldSkoolVWLover

bus resto info Empty
PostSubject: Re: bus resto info   bus resto info EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:04 pm

zuhaelter_82 wrote:
62type2 wrote:

I HATE how many Type2 folks are coming out..... it makes me super jealous I want like 3 different type 2s (or type 2 ish, I would love a Doka).

Love you type 2 guys, you keep me dreaming. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.EarlyWatercooled.org
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

bus resto info Empty
PostSubject: Re: bus resto info   bus resto info EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:22 pm

OldSkoolVWLover wrote:
zuhaelter_82 wrote:
62type2 wrote:

I HATE how many Type2 folks are coming out..... it makes me super jealous I want like 3 different type 2s (or type 2 ish, I would love a Doka).

Love you type 2 guys, you keep me dreaming. Very Happy

Get rid of the Rabbit and lets make it happen!
Back to top Go down
OldSkoolVWLover
SacTown
OldSkoolVWLover

bus resto info Empty
PostSubject: Re: bus resto info   bus resto info EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Cant get rid of it at this point, need to just reg it, insure it, and spend the last few hours and couple hundred to make it move under it's own power..... even if it isn't commute worthy once it moves I can start a new project. Dude me and that car have been together I think about 6 years now, I think it will be 7 this fall IIRC.

Plus the rabbit will make a nice DD for me once I do everything I want/need to. For under 1000 I could have a safe, easy to repair runner.............. can't get rid of that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.EarlyWatercooled.org
Sponsored content

bus resto info Empty
PostSubject: Re: bus resto info   bus resto info Empty

Back to top Go down

bus resto info
Page 1 of 1