Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looks like I am gonna need some help.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Breck

Breck

Looks like I am gonna need some help. Empty
PostSubject: Looks like I am gonna need some help.   Looks like I am gonna need some help. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:05 pm

affraid Hey all, I need a bay window wiring guru.....any out there? affraid What a Face What a Face pale
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I am gonna need some help.   Looks like I am gonna need some help. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:01 pm

I can't help as far as knowing all about wiring. But I can give you a link to a color wire diagram you can print out. Very Happy

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/wiringt2.php

Just scroll down to your year bus and have at it!! It really helped me out a couple of times now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I am gonna need some help.   Looks like I am gonna need some help. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:43 pm

Without pulling all the old wiring, you can renew it's function by clipping an inch off the ends and adding a length or new wire and a new connector. I suggest soldering new connections, not just crimping. Any splices, or new lengths added, use shrink tubing to seal.

It's at the ends where the connectors are crimped on that give resistance as they corrode, and the corrosion usually runs up the stranded wire an inch or more. Keep taking a half inch off at a tine until you find clean strands.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I am gonna need some help.   Looks like I am gonna need some help. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Forum hint. Put a clue in your topic title, in this case, finish with "... with wiring."
It'll attract people who may have a knack for such things quicker.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I am gonna need some help.   Looks like I am gonna need some help. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Kyle is like the Emily Post of forum etiquette...
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I am gonna need some help.   Looks like I am gonna need some help. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:59 pm

Kim I have the color print out. I need a little direction from a vw guy. My bus has had many untrained hands hack it up over the years and I just need a knowledgeable set of eyes on her to make sure that I don't become the next hack. It also would help if I could crawl under yours to use as a guide.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I am gonna need some help.   Looks like I am gonna need some help. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:29 pm

It can't be that hard Breck. They're pretty simple vehicles. Talk Kyle into coming over and helping. He's the wiring guru! If he's not able, I'm sure you and I could figure it out.
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I am gonna need some help.   Looks like I am gonna need some help. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Breck wrote:
Kim I have the color print out. I need a little direction from a vw guy. My bus has had many untrained hands hack it up over the years and I just need a knowledgeable set of eyes on her to make sure that I don't become the next hack. It also would help if I could crawl under yours to use as a guide.

Your more then welcome to crawl under my bus if you want. Just need to figure out where and when part of it. As far as a wiring guy, someone Greg suggested may be the best. Bob could probably figure it out, but not sure if he could get over to your part of town. Guess you could tow it over here for Tech Day! LOL

What all are trying to figure out? The whole bus, or just one section of it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I am gonna need some help.   Looks like I am gonna need some help. Empty

Back to top Go down

Looks like I am gonna need some help.
Page 1 of 1