Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Schwinns and VW's!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
justcruzin

justcruzin

Schwinns and VW's!  Empty
PostSubject: Schwinns and VW's!    Schwinns and VW's!  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Just picked up a couple of Schwinns today. I have always wanted one ( or two) but never found any in my price range. Today was my lucky day. I went to a swap meet here in Sacramento and I found a girls Hollywood bike. It isn't original as far as the seat and I believe the handle bars have been changed, but I fell in love with it because of the banana seat. It brought back memories of my first Schwinn when I was a kid. Anyway, I bought it and we walked it back to our truck ( we were selling too), then went out again. A little while later we found a boys bike with the same name as the girls bike. It caught my eye because there was another guy explaining to his friends that they made the bike so that one could ad a bar to make it a boys bike. Long story short, I did some wheeling and dealing and bought it too. Very Happy

Here are some pics of them.

Schwinns and VW's!  IMG_0304

Schwinns and VW's!  IMG_0303

Schwinns and VW's!  IMG_0299

Schwinns and VW's!  IMG_0307

Schwinns and VW's!  IMG_0281

Here's a shot of the top bar on the "boys" bike. You can see how it is attached to the bike. I have never seen one like this. Currently I am trying to find info online about it, but haven't had much luck.

Schwinns and VW's!  IMG_0314 LOL

Now I just need to get a roof rack for the bus!

Oh, hope this was the right place to post this. LOL I figured I bought them to haul on my VW's and I have a VW in the pics! LOL
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: Schwinns and VW's!    Schwinns and VW's!  EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Had a photo shoot with my bug and bikes today! Very Happy

Schwinns and VW's!  IMG_0349

Schwinns and VW's!  IMG_0352

Schwinns and VW's!  IMG_0353

Schwinns and VW's!  IMG_0354

Schwinns and VW's!  IMG_0357

Now I just need to do one with Wes! LOL
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Schwinns and VW's!    Schwinns and VW's!  EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Congratulations. Old bicycles is another big hobby for me. I own a '61 Schwinn Corvette and my wife owns a '57 Schwinn Spitfire. They're both all original and we ride them all of the time.
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: Schwinns and VW's!    Schwinns and VW's!  EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Why do I hear the music from the Wizard of Oz playing in my head?!?!?

....and your little dog Toto too!!!
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Schwinns and VW's!    Schwinns and VW's!  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:29 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schwinns and VW's!    Schwinns and VW's!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Schwinns and VW's!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: Picture Gallery-
Jump to: