Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

i got a new vw beetle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
natthan

natthan

i got a new vw beetle Empty
PostSubject: i got a new vw beetle   i got a new vw beetle EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:16 pm

its been a while sense i have been on here witch im not prod of. but it is good that i still remember my password lol. i have new beetle now and i still have the old on but its still in pieces so i cant drive that one but my engine is well craping out of the new one and for all i know my 68 engine is still good. if you dont mid answering a question or two would my 68 engine fit in my 74 without having to replace the transmission as well?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i got a new vw beetle   i got a new vw beetle EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:35 pm

Yes. Your '68 engine should slip right into the '74. You will need to use the clutch pressure plate from the '74 to mate up with the late model trans. I believe that everything else is "Bolt-in". Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
natthan

natthan

PostSubject: Re: i got a new vw beetle   i got a new vw beetle EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 pm

thank you kindly
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: i got a new vw beetle   i got a new vw beetle EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:02 am

The '68 block doesn't have the insert over the #3 hole and I don't thing the '74 trans has the indent for the 'half moon' bolt head so you might need two sets of hands to get the number 3 bolt tight.

I could be totally wrong on this. Eric would know...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i got a new vw beetle   i got a new vw beetle EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:37 am

Matt is right. You will need to use the bolt and nut from the '68. One person under the car with a wrench, and one person under the hood. You have to monkey the bolt around the clutch release arm, so figure out which bolt you're going to use before you put the motor back in...
It will save some scraped knuckles if you swap bolts with the motor out. study
Back to top Go down
natthan

natthan

PostSubject: Re: i got a new vw beetle   i got a new vw beetle EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:32 am

OK thanks for the advise of I need to do that but I fixed the problem from that time but now a different problem arose but Kim,Bob,and Greg are being a great help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i got a new vw beetle   i got a new vw beetle Empty

Back to top Go down

i got a new vw beetle
Page 1 of 1