Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What did you do with/ to your VW today?

Go down 
+13
Low Class
Smogman72
Breck
Mateo
my65rhd
zuhaelter_82
MoonMullins
euphgirl
mikeinch
badfishie
west coast ghia
Davids74Super
justcruzin
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Breck

Breck

What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:07 pm

I drove mine to work!!
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:18 pm

I took the electrical out of the front of May, removed the brake fluid reservoir and removed the fuel tank.

Getting ready to redo the dash, electrical, relocate the reservoir to on top of the master and mount the battery in the nose.

I am going to sand/strip the inside of the nose and maybe Zolatone it or something.

Oh and I have my fancy red gas tank I painted last year along with a mounted fuel filter that hopefully won't flop around so much.

Thinking about doing all the hoses with AN fittings...

Right now the front end matches the rear end as in it is all apart. Shocked

Getting close to the season!!!
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:23 am

MoonMullins wrote:
I don't think she will mind if I just switch with mine.... Lol

LOL, I don't think so!! Razz
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Bought a TDI motor to swap into the coupe!
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:43 pm

zuhaelter_82 wrote:

Nice! I have been looking at VAG submarines...
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:28 pm

Mateo wrote:
zuhaelter_82 wrote:

I am loving my mine. Timing belt. H2O pump, tensioner, relay roller, thermostat, clean MAF and a new filter.....check. I love having defrost Laughing
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Today, after getting towed home at 4.30 in the morning, I replaced my clutch cable for the 3rd time! Shocked

I replaced the original cable with a new one because I didn't know how old the original was, thought I'd be safe instead of sorry! LOL The new cable broke after 2 months.

What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 IMG_4350

The second cable ( the one that broke this morning) lasted about 3 1/2 months. It basically broke in the same spot, but because we used heat shrink on it, it didn't fray like the first one.

What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 File-39

Broke clean off.

What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 File-40

So now we'll see how long number 3 will last. If this one does the same thing, I will be contacting the manufacture. Something is happening to these cables. I checked everything on the bus and all seems to be normal.
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:25 pm

Low Class wrote:
Mateo wrote:
zuhaelter_82 wrote:

I am loving my mine. Timing belt. H2O pump, tensioner, relay roller, thermostat, clean MAF and a new filter.....check. I love having defrost Laughing

It's a long story so I won't go into the details but I have 'several' MAF sensors for VW water pumpers if your are ever looking for one...
Back to top Go down
badfishie
SacTown
badfishie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 2:26 pm

yesterday we replaced the pedal grommets on DD, changed her fuel filter. Topped off her gear oil. Installed stereo (number 2...who knew the yellow memory wire HAD to be connected?) Painted her lug nuts bright green so we dont loose them in the snow if we drop them....next up is the cb and antenna mounting....
Back to top Go down
west coast ghia
SacTown
west coast ghia

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 2:43 pm

smart om the lug nuts Andy. take spares just in case
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/lonnyatforyourride
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:04 pm

badfishie wrote:
yesterday we replaced the pedal grommets on DD, changed her fuel filter. Topped off her gear oil. Installed stereo (number 2...who knew the yellow memory wire HAD to be connected?) Painted her lug nuts bright green so we dont loose them in the snow if we drop them....next up is the cb and antenna mounting....

I did!! I knew the yellow had to be connected! Very Happy Ok, stupid question, but aren't the lug nuts black and the snow white? You can't find a black lug nut in the white snow? LOL Very Happy

Sounds like you guy's are getting a lot done!
Back to top Go down
badfishie
SacTown
badfishie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:42 pm

hahaha my guess is they may look like a rock or something kim so bright green will make them stand out...oh and thanks for telling me about the yellow wire TWO STEREOS ago...LMAO
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:08 pm

badfishie wrote:
hahaha my guess is they may look like a rock or something kim so bright green will make them stand out...oh and thanks for telling me about the yellow wire TWO STEREOS ago...LMAO

You didn't ask! LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
badfishie
SacTown
badfishie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:42 pm

justcruzin wrote:
badfishie wrote:

You didn't ask! LOL Very Happy

next time a bit more intuitive maybe....HAHHAAHA jk Smile
Back to top Go down
MoonMullins

MoonMullins

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:36 pm

Put 25 miles on the bus today. First real time out of the Very Happy yard. Had to play with the carb. And the timing a little but it didn't run to bad
Back to top Go down
MoonMullins

MoonMullins

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:37 pm

I ment yesterday sorry.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:41 pm

WELL......FRIDAY I FINISHED PUTTING AN ENGINE BACK TOGETHER TO GO BACK INTO ONE OF THE TYPE 3S. SATURDAY I GOT IT IN FASTY!! IT RUNS!!! LOL. NOW TO SWAP THE MASTER CYLINDER AT SOME POINT AND BLEED THE BRAKES THEN THE FASTY SHOULD BE BACK ON THE ROAD!! HOPEFULLY FOR A GOOD LONG TIME.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Gave it a bath and took a pic of it with my new sign I found at the Swap meet last weekend! Very Happy

What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 IMG_5163
Back to top Go down
badfishie
SacTown
badfishie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:33 pm

looks good Kim Smile
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks Andy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:29 pm

WELL....GOT THE MASTER CYLINDER SWAPPED AND BRAKES BLED AND DROVE IT AROUND THE BLOCK REAL QUICK. SO FAR SO GOOD!!!
Back to top Go down
badfishie
SacTown
badfishie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 1:22 pm

On Saturday we changed the brakes on Ocho, then we took all the drums off of DD and cleaned/adjusted the brakes after SST, adjusted the dizzy, broke the dizzy clamp, fixed and rewelded the clamp. On Sunday we changed dizzys and welded the legs back on the rack that broke off during SST XIII then added extra support to every leg....lets hope the rack will survive SST XIV...lol
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 12:29 am

Today I took the luggage rack off to start prepping it and the main pop top for paint. I found this when I lifted the top off.

What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 File_zpsff2a4b2c

What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 File_zpse52b04eb

Now I know why my window behind the cabinet was fogging up in the wet weather. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:37 pm

WELL.....LETS SEE......

YESTERDAY...TUESDAY I FINALLY GOT AROUND TO WORKING ON MY BAJA/ROD. I GOT THE FIBERGLASS ENGINE COVER FITTED ON THE BACK AND THEN DID SOME TRIMMING TO PUT SOME SLOTS IN IT TO ACCOMIDATE MY CUSTOM EXHAUST. THAT TOOK A WHILE BUT GOT IT TO WORK AND I DONT THINK IT LOOKS TO BAD....

What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 2013-010
What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 2013-011

TODAY I WAS ABLE TO DO SOME OF THE TINT WORK ON MY GLASS. I TRYED TO DO THE BACK WINDOW TWICE BUT IM GOING TO HAVE TO BUY TINT FOR CURVED GLASS FOR IT TO WORK Crying or Very sad I EVEN TRYED TO MAKE IT WORK USING A LITTLE HEAT FROM MY HEAT GUN BUT IT JUST WASNT HAVING IT. BUT I DID GET THE TWO REAR SIDE WINDOWS DONE AND BECAUSE OF THE SUN AND WARMTH TODAY I WAS ABLE TO DRY THEM DECENTLY GET THE SEALS ON THEM AND GOT THEM INSTALLED!!!!

What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 2013-012

ITS SLOWLY COMING BACK TO LIFE. DONT THINK ITLL BE READY FOR THE RANCH RUN (2011 RANCH RUN WAS THE LAST EVENT/TIME IT WAS OUT ON THE ROAD) BUT I WILL TRY. MAY BUGORAMA ITLL BE DONE????
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:59 am

I checked the oil and drove it to work!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   What did you do with/ to your VW today? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you do with/ to your VW today?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next