Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello from North Auburn

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

Hello from North Auburn Empty
PostSubject: Hello from North Auburn   Hello from North Auburn EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:42 am

I am currently finishing up a rebuild on a 1600 DP for a '69 KG coupe. I purchased the car about a year ago and it ran decent but it also would blow oil all over everywhere. I got tired of wiping oil off everything under the deck lid and after every nut and bolt I touched was loose, I figured best to do it the right way and go through it. It's been a few months of weekends but she is almost ready to go. Dropped the trans this weekend to give it the once over, so it should be only a week or two before we are back on the road.

Looking forward to it...
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Auburn   Hello from North Auburn EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:49 am

Welcome! Great to have another ghia in the group and another Auburn/Grass Valley person with us.
Hope to meet you soon.
I am in the same boat.. my 69 just starting knocking so dropping the engine tomorrow and doing a quick rebuild.
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Auburn   Hello from North Auburn EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:47 pm

Cool Ghia.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Auburn   Hello from North Auburn EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Welcome to the Group!!! Hope to meet you in person and see the car soon. Nice car. A Gia I think maybe the next project I tackle.......after I finish the 3 I already have Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Auburn   Hello from North Auburn EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:09 am

Thanks all. Can't wait to meet up.

I dumped oil all over the garage tonight getting to the oil pressure relief piston. I had to remove the external sump to get to it and there was just no easy way to do it with the motor out of the car. I thought I had a plan but it didn't work out the way I saw it in my head.

SO, between the oil, sand, heat, and baby spiders all over the place I decided to give it a rest for the night. Some nights are productive, others not so much...
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Auburn   Hello from North Auburn EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:01 am

What a sweet Ghia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from North Auburn   Hello from North Auburn Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from North Auburn
Page 1 of 1