Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

rough week!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rypp73

Rypp73

rough week! Empty
PostSubject: rough week!   rough week! EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 4:18 pm

about a week ago my throttle cable broke, it was the week end that Bugfo was closed for Phoenix. My buddy Ricky came to the rescue with a cable extension it worked great but the car was idled really high. On Monday I was trying to adjust the cable as the car was running BAD. I unknowingly knocked a wire loose from the ignition system. The result was the car could not idle. last night I went to Ricky's house to try and diagnose the issue. after a few hours of frustration ricky comes out with a box of spare carbs and we find a good replacement. I have been in need of a new carb for quite some time. we called it a night about 9pm and I borrowed his double cab so that I could take my girls to school in the morning. On my way there I ran out of gas! after dealing with traffic and finally getting some gas in it we went back to finish my car. as my car was cold I took the time to check for air leaks, I found a bad hose clamp on the intake, I already had a nasty exhaust leak. to wrap it up, a few care full hours and my car runs better than it has since Ive owned it. now for a much needed shower!
Back to top Go down
Rypp73

Rypp73

rough week! Empty
PostSubject: Re: rough week!   rough week! EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 6:56 pm

on the way home the exhaust came loose again, time for a weld!
Back to top Go down

rough week!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: VW Tech and Chat-
Jump to: