Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where is the best vintage VW repair shop near Grass Valley?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cecily

Cecily

Where is the best vintage VW repair shop near Grass Valley? Empty
PostSubject: Where is the best vintage VW repair shop near Grass Valley?   Where is the best vintage VW repair shop near Grass Valley? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 4:50 pm

Hello All,

The good news is that my husband and I picked up my 1961 VW, yesterday. My car has been in a shop in the Bay Area for the last year, undergoing restoration. The bad news is that while I took Sigrid (my car) for her first drive, the left driver's-side wheel flew off. Can any of my VW compatriots recommend a good shop for vintage VW's, in the Grass Valley area? Thank you!

Cecily
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best vintage VW repair shop near Grass Valley?   Where is the best vintage VW repair shop near Grass Valley? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 11:35 am

Hopefully someone will chime in with a shop near you. I know I have heard of a couple, but I just can't remember any shop names.

That's scary having a wheel come off. In 22009, I had just rebuilt the front end on my 74 Super Beetle, and just a few days later the right front spindle broke. The wheel and drum came off. Luckily I was only doing about 30, and the wheel stayed on the spindle until I slowed down to about 5mph.
Back to top Go down
Cecily

Cecily

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best vintage VW repair shop near Grass Valley?   Where is the best vintage VW repair shop near Grass Valley? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 11:51 am

Hi David,

Thanks! It was scary! I'm so glad that no one was hurt.

I hope to hear some recommendations from the VDub members. I'm new to the area, so any input that the members can provide is helpful.

I did some checking online, and there was a recommendation for Mountain Auto in Grass Valley. I called the shop and they are willing to look at my car.

Cecily
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best vintage VW repair shop near Grass Valley?   Where is the best vintage VW repair shop near Grass Valley? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 1:48 pm

Alta sierra's smog stop just south of Grass Valley. I do aircooled repair as side work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Cecily

Cecily

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best vintage VW repair shop near Grass Valley?   Where is the best vintage VW repair shop near Grass Valley? EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Thank you, Cliff! My car has been repaired, but I will contact you the next time that she needs work.

Cecily
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best vintage VW repair shop near Grass Valley?   Where is the best vintage VW repair shop near Grass Valley? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where is the best vintage VW repair shop near Grass Valley?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: VW Tech and Chat-
Jump to: