Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Made in China parts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Made in China parts Empty
PostSubject: Made in China parts   Made in China parts EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:18 am

Learned a hard lesson this week. My daughter was driving her Trug up the freeway Wednesday when the urethane steering coupler dis integrated. Luckily she managed to get off the road with NO STEERING. Upon dis-assembly, I found large air pockets in the urethane coupler(what was left of it!) I for one am done with Empi crap from China! I now truly understand why people swear by German parts.
Did some research online and found that a lot of folks have had the same problem with these Urethane steering couplers. Just thought I would give a "heads up" to anyone who might have one or be thinking of buying one. They are unsafe. Buy the original style, it is a squarish shape and has belting molded in for extra strength. They are much more reliable than the junk from China.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Made in China parts   Made in China parts EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:18 pm

I totally agree!! About 80% of the EMPI brand I have found to be crap. So when I order or go to get parts I always make sure it is not Empi.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com

PostSubject: Re: Made in China parts   Made in China parts EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks for the warning. I will pass it on Face Book to my friends.
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: Made in China parts   Made in China parts EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:15 pm

Poly Urethane is and should be something you change out... Alot! the crap doesn't last.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Made in China parts   Made in China parts EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:58 pm

And yet, it's always been advertised as better than stock! Go figure......
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: Made in China parts   Made in China parts EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:08 pm

speedbuggy wrote:
And yet, it's always been advertised as better than stock! Go figure......

For the first 6 months it is better than stock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Made in China parts   Made in China parts EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:11 pm

The next 6 months, you drive a deathtrap!
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: I agree   Made in China parts EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:16 pm

When we built Lowla we found that most new parts are junk. When ever I have a choice I stay away from MADE IN CHINA. 10 years ago I got some Empi stuff for my Porsche and it was junk back than.

Be safe

David
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Made in China parts   Made in China parts EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:58 am

speedbuggy wrote:
Learned a hard lesson this week. My daughter was driving her Trug up the freeway Wednesday when the urethane steering coupler dis integrated. Luckily she managed to get off the road with NO STEERING. Upon dis-assembly, I found large air pockets in the urethane coupler(what was left of it!) I for one am done with Empi crap from China! I now truly understand why people swear by German parts.
Did some research online and found that a lot of folks have had the same problem with these Urethane steering couplers. Just thought I would give a "heads up" to anyone who might have one or be thinking of buying one. They are unsafe. Buy the original style, it is a squarish shape and has belting molded in for extra strength. They are much more reliable than the junk from China.

At least she was able to get off the road safely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com

PostSubject: Re: Made in China parts   Made in China parts EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:50 pm

I'm proud of the way she handled it! And thankful!
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Made in China parts   Made in China parts EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:46 pm

You bet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made in China parts   Made in China parts Empty

Back to top Go down

Made in China parts
Page 1 of 1