Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY

Go down 
+4
Low Class
Bahabuggin
Mateo
Smogman72
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY Empty
PostSubject: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 7:58 pm

HAD ANOTHER OK TURN OUT FOR DECEMBERS TECH/MEET DAY. MY 72 BAJA/RAT, A 71 BUS, AND A ?65ISH? BUG. 3 NEW FACES TO ADD TO OUR GROWING GROUP. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING A BETTER TURN OUT IN JAN. PLAN FOR IT NOW Very Happy SEE YOU THERE!!! Very Happy LETS GET READY FOR THE SPRING TIME KICKING OFF THE NEW SHOW SEASON.

POST HERE YOUR THOUGHTS AND CONCERNS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 10:09 pm

Planning on making the Jan. meet.
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:52 am

I am in for January too. I missed December due to work in SoCal... Sad
Back to top Go down
Bahabuggin
SacTown
Bahabuggin

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:13 pm

I will try to make it
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:21 am

Looking forward to getting together with everyone and going for a cruise. Hey Smogman do you have a good route planned? Long and slow with no speed bumps please.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:01 pm

I do not have a cruise route planned out. The cruise hasn't worked out the last few months but would love to get one/some going. If anyone has some ideas for a route let's hear them!!! Post them here or come by on the 15th and we can make a group decision on our route. SEE U ALL HERE JAN 15, 2011!! Gate opens at 9 & will close lets say 4:30.
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:20 pm

I will shoot for being there before 4:30 and will be thinking about a route for a cruise.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Remember this Saturday at the Smog Stop our monthly meet/tech day. Come on by when and in what (Brad tongue ) you can. Hopefully we'll have a good turn out and we may even see some new faces and rides Very Happy
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:17 pm

This sounds like a lot of fun. I am looking forward to meeting you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:13 pm

So my horn doesn't work. It used to, but not anymore. I found that out today while I must have forgetten to turn my invisibility cloak off. The invisibility cloak isn't stock by the way for you techies.

I haven't looked at my shifter problem yet, might be more than just the shifter. It is becoming anoying.

I have a bunch of new wiper parts to put on.

I have clear front marker/turn signal lenses to swap out with my amber ones.

I have a 'funny noise' from the engine compartment I want to try an get her to make for you guys to figure out what it is.

I want to discuss with you creative fabrication type people some brackets for reverse lights. I have the lights, just need to come up with a bracket and I have some ideas.

Also want to think about a way to secure a new Optima battery.

Oh and I have some new headlight buckets, a radio and some speakers, I would like to check my Tach to see if it is accurate.

And I probably have a few other things I haven't thought of. So I can provide pleanty of entertainment, and beverages if necesarry, if there isn't anything else to do.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:39 am

Have fun you all.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Mateo,
Things to check off the top of my head. Hope something here is useful.

Horn: On older VWs, the column was often the "Hot" wire. Check the bottom of the column to see if the wire has come off or is broken, ditto the two wires on the horn. Check the fuse, although I think the horn likely shares a fuse with something else and you'd know if it was out or not making good contact. Take the horn button off and be sure the wire didn't come loose.

Shifter: Likely just a loose or worn coupler, accessible I think from under the back seat (It is in a Bug).

Battery: Optima batteries are sealed gel type and can be used at any angle, including sideways, so that should give you options. Optimal Optima options, you might say.

Bumpers: Avoid drilling through original German bumpers (or any) if possible. That's a point for rust to start. Fabricate clamps with a bit of rubber sheeting between them and the bumper. Old inner tube makes good sheeting. depending on the light, you may then need to add a ground wire (if it's a one wire light fixture.)
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:05 pm

WOW! Mateo sounds like a good list of stuff to accomplish tomorrow. Lets call Overhaulin and get the Foose in on it too LOL. Sounds like we should have a pretty good turn out tomorrow. Thats awesome!!!! Gate opens about 9 and I'll be here till at least 4:30. If you wanna cruise get here by then. Hope to see you all threw out if not all day.
Back to top Go down
amishman
State Route
amishman

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:04 pm

I am still keeping me eye on the forums. Have not shown up for the last 1 or 2. Decided to non op my two aircooled as both need some work anyway and wife lost her job this last Friday and decided to save the insurance $$ until maybe late Spring or early summer. Or if she scores a new job soon would be nice. Then will re-op. 8-)

Enjoy the fun that these events share.

tj
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwhippie.com
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:34 pm

I have a new shift coupler if you should need it. I can bring it by tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY   JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY Empty

Back to top Go down

JANUARY 15TH NEXT TECH/MEET DAY
Page 1 of 1