Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?

Go down 
+3
60herbie53
type 4
Smogman72
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? Empty
PostSubject: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:55 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? Empty
PostSubject: that would be   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:40 pm

My car would say THANKS it was in lonely, sitting in a field watching dirt bikes go round and round the track. Wondering what I did to the guy who took me apart, all apart. Body one place, pan another front beam in pump house transaxle under the bush. Why he saved only a portion of my parts. And the next guy who thought I was a trophy car even if I was in a million pieces. And now after a year of dedicated service my picture keeps showing up on those damn Honda Forums with - Trade for Honda Hatch- I guess I just cannot get a break.

Lowla
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:13 am

That was cool. It makes you wonder what all they have been through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:53 am

I know more or less the whole story of my 74 Super Beetle.

Shorter version:

Originally sold in Indiana in December 1973

minimally driven until it moved to arizona in the early 90s, was sold. The new owners drove it minimally as well, and bought every stainless steel body trim you could get (door visors, ding guards, sill plates, etc)

Sold to a mid 20s woman, in California, who had the motor rebuilt in 2002. But it did not pass smog, so it was parked until 2006, when

her new brother in law bought it, started fixing it up, and then,

in May 2008, I bought it, it bacame my new daily driver/racecar. And in the next couple years, it became probably the nicest it's been in the past 30 years. Won many races, a championship, car show. I recieved all new brakes and suspension, and was on its way to being painted the original Black. But then it got wrecked hard in the front.

Now it sits in the back, no motor or transmission, hoping it one day can be repaired to its former glory. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:55 am

Now I'm sad that I ruined my car.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: What about   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Now one of our members in good standing has a real nice Super. Graft a new front, cut at the A's. Lets do it on a tech day. So what if the front would be blue.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
SurfinSuzie
State Route
SurfinSuzie

PostSubject: Re: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:02 pm

type 4 wrote:
Now one of our members in good standing has a real nice Super. Graft a new front, cut at the A's. Lets do it on a tech day. So what if the front would be blue.

Just a thought.

Whos Super you talking about? Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
SurfinSuzie
State Route
SurfinSuzie

PostSubject: Re: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:03 pm

Saw this and tought, "Awsome!!" Just to see what they can go through and still be show stoppers. Love it!
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:18 am

type 4 wrote:

Just a thought.

I'm up for it.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:03 am

I'll bring the sawzall. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
SurfinSuzie
State Route
SurfinSuzie

PostSubject: Re: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:56 am

David's74Super wrote:
type 4 wrote:

Just a thought.

I'm up for it.

Do it! I bet it would be nice to have yours running again.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: spencer   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Spencer dont worry it was Speedie's.
Back to top Go down
SurfinSuzie
State Route
SurfinSuzie

PostSubject: Re: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:41 pm

type 4 wrote:
Spencer dont worry it was Speedie's.

Haha! Its all good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 6:29 pm

I'll bring the plasma cutter... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:15 pm

David, I'll make you a swingin' deal on my Super! It's in in pretty good shape.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:30 am

Mateo wrote:
I'll bring the plasma cutter... Twisted Evil

Bringing in the big guns.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:40 pm

Herbie would say "My name is spelled H E R B I E."
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:00 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?   IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY? Empty

Back to top Go down

IF HERBY WAS REAL OR IF OUR CARS COULD TALK..............WHAT WOULD THEY SAY?
Page 1 of 1