Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Brand of Drop Spindles?

Go down 
+2
Bradford
Mateo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

What Brand of Drop Spindles? Empty
PostSubject: What Brand of Drop Spindles?   What Brand of Drop Spindles? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:54 am

Ok, so it seems like there are a few people looking at drop spindles.

I was just about to pull the trigger on an order to CB for a pair of spindles for $169.95.

Then Brad mentioned that cip1 had them for 90 bucks, and they are on special currently.

I am concerned about getitng a good quality set of spindles. I don't want to have any issues with anything lining up, etc...

I am not familiar with cip1, Samba forums seem to go both directions...

Anyone here have any opinions?
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: What Brand of Drop Spindles?   What Brand of Drop Spindles? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:57 am

There is no doubt that CB performance spindles are a better quality.. that being said, I ran the cip1 spindles on a 66 and never had any problems with them. They fit right up and I drove a lot of miles on them.. so I would go either way. The cip1 spindles do say they ad about 1/4" out on the wheel.. I don't know if CB's do or not. From what I have heard they all add a little extra to the outward.

So jump in and do it.. I will be buying the cip spindles in another couple of weeks.. need to get another pay check.
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: What Brand of Drop Spindles?   What Brand of Drop Spindles? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:34 am

my $.02 worth is stay away from cip1. I bought a brake hard line kit from them and was unhappy with it. The lengths did not match and I had to buy additional lines to make it work.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: quality counts   What Brand of Drop Spindles? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:42 am

With the quality of VW parts around zero be careful. I know when we were building our bug last year most new parts were junk. The first letter in CiP1 is probably CHINA.

I know it was California but aren't from up north some place now
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: What Brand of Drop Spindles?   What Brand of Drop Spindles? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Yeah, I am sure they carry crap, but so does Bugformance.. they are just a distributor... California Import Parts has been around for Years!

Just like we all have talked about.. Empi parts are crap.. they sell empi... I don't know what brand their spindles are.. I just know I had good luck with them.

Also check out Chirco.com. They are based out of Arizona I believe and have good prices.
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: just plain old junk   What Brand of Drop Spindles? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Ten years ago I ran into a bunch of JUNK. And I do believe it was EMPI.

I have found it cheaper to do it right the first time. This is your life or you wife, kids. When I was researching drop spindles last year they said CB is the way to go. I have no experience in this.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: What Brand of Drop Spindles?   What Brand of Drop Spindles? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:01 pm

I HAVE GOTTEN SEVERAL ITEMS FROM CHIRCO AND HAVE BEEN PLEASED WITH EVERYTHING SO FAR. THE ONLY THINGS IVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH WERE THE COIL TURN BAD OUT OF THE IGNITION KIT I GOT (DIST, ELECTRONIC POINTS, CAP, ROTOR, WIRES, PLUGS) AND THEY DID NOT INCLUDE THE CARB ADAPTER TO RAISE THE CARB TO CLEAR THE ALT CONVERSON KIT I GOT. OTHER THAN THOSE 2 ITEMS I HAVENT HAD A PROBLEM. PLUS WITH MY VOLKSRODS.COM COALITION MEMBERSHIP I GOT AN ADDITIONAL 10% OFF WHATEVER I ORDERED.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: What Brand of Drop Spindles?   What Brand of Drop Spindles? EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 2:22 am

I ordered mine from Wolfgang International. $129.95/pair
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Brand of Drop Spindles?   What Brand of Drop Spindles? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Brand of Drop Spindles?
Page 1 of 1