Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I am off to pick up turbo system

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
type 4
State Route
type 4

I am off to pick up turbo system Empty
PostSubject: I am off to pick up turbo system   I am off to pick up turbo system EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 12:00 pm

The question will it be coming home with me? I am headed to the Bay to pick up my latest Craigslist find, he has a job, intelligent, has a family. He has never ran the turbo but he worked on the car it was on, was rebuilt (old VW talk). I will post pictures tonight.

bounce
Back to top Go down
nick_701
State Route
nick_701

PostSubject: Re: I am off to pick up turbo system   I am off to pick up turbo system EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:42 pm

O thats exciting, i was just reading about turbo set-ups. Good luck with your buy hope it works out.
Back to top Go down
https://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l314/nick_701/VolksBug/
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: its in the house   I am off to pick up turbo system EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:51 pm

I got it and will post pic's later bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: some pics   I am off to pick up turbo system EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:54 pm

What a day full of emotions, I hate to wait. Call I will be at you house in an hour not a week..... Mad This thing makes up for the last couple of bad buys. This same system is for sale on Las Vegas Craigslist $1500.00 no this was not it. And no I am not telling. Its a pretty big Dellorto 45??? RaJay turbo it was just rebuilt prior to changing back to carbs. Nice and tight. RayJays have Carbon seals so you can blow through, or draw through. The header is in the garage I will clean and mount it tomorrow. It has a waste gate attached. All I need is a down pipe I know where to borrow one.

And I do believe I may be able to pull the whole thing in one shot. Rolling Eyes No disassembling

I am off to pick up turbo system 3-2-1111

I am off to pick up turbo system 3-2-1113

I am off to pick up turbo system 3-2-1112

I will do better tomorrow

My wife was not to happy, when she saw Chris and I doing cart wheels she simmered down some. I will take her dancing Friday. Even that is not punishment when they are all Zumba instructor. cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: I am off to pick up turbo system   I am off to pick up turbo system EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:25 pm

After 39 pages on the shop talk forums about turbos.. I will be building a blow thru not a draw thru.. and yes.. you NEED a carbon seal for the draw thru!

Sweet set up! Hope the price was right.. wait a minute, who an I talking to.. Dave.. of course you got a deal.. buy low and sell for 3 times high...LOL lol!

I can't wait to build one! Lot's of good info out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: excuse me   I am off to pick up turbo system EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:10 am

I have sold nothing zero zip Wife is not happy. I gave three Vw blocks away.
Back to top Go down
nick_701
State Route
nick_701

PostSubject: Re: I am off to pick up turbo system   I am off to pick up turbo system EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 2:04 am

Looks sweet, im excited for you cant wait to see it mounted!

I want to build one!
Back to top Go down
https://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l314/nick_701/VolksBug/
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: I am off to pick up turbo system   I am off to pick up turbo system EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:03 am

Yeah.. you do have a hard time letting go don't you....LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: what    I am off to pick up turbo system EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:22 am

Now Brad the only thing I am greedy is my Dellorto's and once you have had a pair you never want to part with them. X Weber guy. affraid
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: I am off to pick up turbo system   I am off to pick up turbo system EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:35 pm

That looks pretty sweet Dave. How much HP can you expect to gain?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: expect   I am off to pick up turbo system EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:51 pm

I expect nothing, that way I am never disappointed. Plus I am not a numbers guy, I cannot remember what I paid for my 914 Turbo set-up. That was 6 months ago. Selective amnesia.

My son will not be controlling the boost so we will be running a low number say 7 1/2. I am sure it will spoil you pants. Without boost it was scary with should be nuts. As a gag gift for my birthday I got a package of Depends so I will put them in the car for passenger use bounce

Eric says I may have some issues with this setup, it has a tendency to load up idling I have tons of carbs to experiment with. So if it not spot on I can change it to a blow through.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: I am off to pick up turbo system   I am off to pick up turbo system EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:56 am

Cool. Sounds like you have it figured out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am off to pick up turbo system   I am off to pick up turbo system Empty

Back to top Go down

I am off to pick up turbo system
Page 1 of 1