Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Converting over to disc brakes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bahabuggin
SacTown
Bahabuggin

Converting over to disc brakes Empty
PostSubject: Converting over to disc brakes   Converting over to disc brakes EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:07 pm

I started convert from drum to disc when I noticed the ball joint boots all worn out. So I figure I would do more upkeep under the fenders as well. So I bought some paint and underspray to protect under the fenders. Then I had to decide weather or not if I should replace the ball joints or just the boots. Found out that if the ball joints are priced cheap that they may not fit in the sockits. Well I replaced the upper ball joints and just the boots on the lowers. Now on the rebuild but taking time do to the weather,mosquitos,work and just plan laziness haha. Hopefully tomorrow I will be finished with this simple conversion. Evil or Very Mad Sleep jocolor Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: you have them also   Converting over to disc brakes EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:38 pm

We got driven out of the garage today by the mosquito's also. The Plumb tree is blooming time to get the cars on the road. cheers
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Converting over to disc brakes   Converting over to disc brakes EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Yup. I think we are going to have an early spring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Bahabuggin
SacTown
Bahabuggin

PostSubject: Re: Converting over to disc brakes   Converting over to disc brakes EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:34 pm

Hey type 4 do you still have interoir that you want to sell?
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: maybe   Converting over to disc brakes EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:52 pm

Yes but I need to talk to Spencer first. It is in the attic of my garage, It is for a newer beetle, because of the seat sliders. As soon as I can get up in the garage I will check and see what I have. We are tiring to get the turbo in the bug so I am real tied up. My wife is a little madder than mad. I have fallen way behind on honey doo list plus buying a turbo system.

Who sell interiors if some one can direct me to a site I can let you know what I have. I will try to get a pic of the front seats one is sitting in my Willys.

Thanks

David
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Converting over to disc brakes   Converting over to disc brakes EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:28 pm

You can check jbugs.com or wolfsburgwest.com.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: ok I   Converting over to disc brakes EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:35 pm

I would guess its for a 74-76 bug but I have to check the box. I know I paid more than usual but not that much. I will check

David

Thanks Dann
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Converting over to disc brakes   Converting over to disc brakes EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:00 pm

The other places are cip1 and sewfine.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: closer   Converting over to disc brakes EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:04 pm

They are Procar seats but I dont know the year of the interior other than they used the latest style sliders
Back to top Go down
Bahabuggin
SacTown
Bahabuggin

PostSubject: Re: Converting over to disc brakes   Converting over to disc brakes EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:07 am

I'm still trying to finish converting the brakes over to disk
Man I hate mosquitos,weather, and my laziness.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: disk   Converting over to disc brakes EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:54 am

I have a complete front disk brake system in my garage from my 914 someday I am going to compare spindles to see if they are even close. I am sure they would fit on a super but I have very little hope for my bug.

David
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Converting over to disc brakes   Converting over to disc brakes EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Bahabuggin wrote:
I'm still trying to finish converting the brakes over to disk
Man I hate mosquitos,weather, and my laziness.

The mosquitoes have been terrible lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Converting over to disc brakes   Converting over to disc brakes Empty

Back to top Go down

Converting over to disc brakes
Page 1 of 1