Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ghia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Ghia Empty
PostSubject: Ghia   Ghia EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:37 pm

Hello -- I stumbled upon your post on craigslist and a whole new world opened to me... I just bought my 73 Karmann Ghia about a year ago and didn't realize that there were groups like this. It's my first VW and I'd love to find some folks that can help me learn how to take care of her...

I'm a little bit away from the group (El Dorado Hills) but my folks live in the Grass Valley area and I visit often.

Thanks for facilitating this forum - it's awesome to see the excitement.

- Bethany
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

Ghia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghia   Ghia EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:55 pm

Welcome Bethany and you have a very clean car (avatar pic). From the sounds of it, as long as there is beer, people are willing to help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

Ghia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghia   Ghia EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:07 pm

YES WELCOME. NEVER HAD A GIA MYSELF BUT LIKE THE LOOKS. YES I AGREE WITH ZU. LOOKS LIKE A CLEAN ONE. GLAD TO HAVE YOU ABOARD HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE FIRST MEETING.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

Ghia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghia   Ghia EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Sweet car. My brother has a 72 we're working on. Fun stuff, and different than the usual Bugs.
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

Ghia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghia   Ghia EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Welcome! Nice Ghia.. had a 72 myself and really miss that car.
We will be doing events and such all around, so I am sure you will find things to do.
The first meeting - get together is next Saturday in Auburn, so hope you can make it.
You could always sneak in the back way.. Salmon Falls rd to 49.. then up to Auburn. That way takes me about 45 min.
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com

Ghia Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Ghia EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. I love the Ghia (I drive around with a stupid grin on my face whenever I take her out) - but she's got her issues. The paint job is horrible but as long as you don't look too closely, it hides some of the flaws... Very Happy

I won't be able to make the first meeting but I'll look forward to whenever the second meeting comes around.

By the way, if anyone has any insight into replacing a shifter bushing - I'd appreciate any tips... Smile
Back to top Go down

Ghia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghia   Ghia EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 1:24 am

Shifter bushings are fairly easy. Just did my Ghia. A pair of needle-nose pliers and some patience are required to slip the shift rod back in. Takes about an hour. Ghia Icon_study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ghia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghia   Ghia Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: About Us :: Welcome - Networking :: Welcome-
Jump to: