Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo!

Go down 
+7
Bradford
amishman
Bahabuggin
type 4
silvertonguedevil
60herbie53
Jim Douglas Jr
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo!   Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:06 am

You ain't "got" nothin'. See you in the hate thread!!
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo!   Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:48 am

I didn't take any pictures at the show, but I did find this one of HH. Sorry if it's oversized.
You can see my cooler in the back and lawn chairs behind. A total white-trash picnic; and proud of it.

Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo! - Page 3 798760
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo!   Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:51 am

That is a nice picture Kyle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Paul. T
SacTown
Paul. T

PostSubject: Re: Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo!   Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:56 am

Jim Douglas Jr wrote:
I didn't take any pictures at the show, but I did find this one of HH. Sorry if it's oversized.
You can see my cooler in the back and lawn chairs behind. A total white-trash picnic; and proud of it.

Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo! - Page 3 798760

Some day I will have nice paint, bumpers, turn signals, rag top, same color seats. But Im still young and dumb. Some day
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo!   Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:58 am

It all takes time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo!   Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 2:31 am

Paul, that's sweet.
You can do it. I didn't do this all at once. Aside from all that Dann and I put in in labor....
I spent several YEARS collecting stuff at shows and on The Samba, buying what I wanted or needed as I could afford it. My door panels, seatcovers, and headliner, all second hand on The Samba. None of them had been installed, they were new/unused, but I got them at an average of 40% discount.
Turn signals, from shows, 5 bucks each, sweet original Hella lenses 15 for the pair up front, 10 for the almost perfect pair in back.
The bumpers were a fortunate gift form a friend of ours, Phil. They were a defect, undrilled. Dann worked like a maniac to drill that stuff - they're stainless.

The list goes on. The point being, make a list, and start searching and buying bits. When you can swing it, get a seal kit, your carpet, your seatcovers, your door panels. Go to the shows. The swaps are chock full of good stuff. I saw a good set of German hubcaps go for $25. GERMAN, NICE, $25! Four years ago, I let a fantastic German bumper escape for $35. I'd just gotten there and didn't want to haul something back to the car right away. STOO-PID! the good bumper I have on the back of my other '63 - $40, The Samba.

You need a list, and you need to do searches on the Samba and even eBay like 2-3 times a week.

...and you have us to help you.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo!   Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:50 am

True DAT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo!   Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kelley Park, San Jose? Sunday, April 17. Whoo-hoo!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3