Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello New Guy Here!

Go down 
+6
type 4
Smogman72
silvertonguedevil
60herbie53
Bradford
Brist
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brist

Brist

Hello New Guy Here! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello New Guy Here!   Hello New Guy Here! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:48 am

Thanks again for the warm welcome, I'm really looking forward to meeting to guys! You can call me whatever you guys would like too! When I was in the Navy my best friends name was Bradford! They called us the Brads, he was big Brad, I was little Brad, so I'm sure we'll figure something out LOL! The flooring in my bug is just a mexican rug cut to fit in, you can get them cheap at Big Lots and places like that. They look cool and you don't have to worry about ruining them because you can just replace it when it gets dirty! I didn't want to post too detailed of pics, you guys can see it when we cruise Very Happy I will be at the ice cream social on tuesday so you can check it out then!
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Guy Here!   Hello New Guy Here! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:03 pm

Sweet! The Brad's... I like it!

Looking forward to meeting you tuesday. Sounds like we will have a good showing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Guy Here!   Hello New Guy Here! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Welcome Brad #2! I am new here too and will get to meet you on Tuesday. I love your car, you done good. I've seen it around. I like the cream colored stock wheels. Mine had red wheels and a red canvas top originally (just replaced the top a few years ago after 40+ years). My personal taste is a bit of purist with stocker stuff, with some mods and personality thrown in. Well, geez, that leaves it open for just about anything I guess. Rolling Eyes I like your mexican rug too! And with the wicker tray, it has a tropical feel. Smile

I'm curious what gauges you are running? And is that a tach I see?

See you soon!
Back to top Go down
Brist

Brist

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Guy Here!   Hello New Guy Here! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:42 pm

It does have to stock wheels on it now, but I have some old five spokes that are going on it before too long! I have the moon guages in it, tach, fuel, speedo (that doesn't work yet because i need the adapter), oil pressure and voltage. I like the look of them in the dash it's pretty clean! Can't wait to meet you guys tuesday I'm very much looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
8v fury
SacTown

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Guy Here!   Hello New Guy Here! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Cars looks good.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Guy Here!   Hello New Guy Here! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:27 pm

That's an interesting take on the paint. A for unique.

I suggest tracking down the over-rider support tubes for the bumpers. They are cheap, install in a couple minutes, and will keep your bumpers blades from getting irreversibly mangled if bumped by a taller vehicle.
I think new they're $8-11 each. Like $2 each at parts swaps. The rubber body grommets are about $1.50 each.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Guy Here!   Hello New Guy Here! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:32 pm

Nice looking car you have there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Guy Here!   Hello New Guy Here! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:22 pm

Driving up HWY 20 and guess who I say. Your car look good. Noticed a few small people in the back.

Hope you had a good drive.
Back to top Go down
Brist

Brist

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Guy Here!   Hello New Guy Here! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks guys! I actually have to overrider tubes for the bumpers, just haven't thought about putting them on! The bumpers are already pretty mangled so I'm not too worried about it at this point, but I should put them on! I have a 3.5 year old and a 1.5 year old! They love riding in my bug! They will be with me on tuesday for the ice cream social, hope you see you all there!
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Guy Here!   Hello New Guy Here! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Hey Brad,

Just curious how you haul your little ones? I have friends with children that SOOO want to ride in Hugo. What is the deal with VW's anyway that kids just love them so much? Smile

My car did not have seat belts. But I added them recently and splurged for the back seat also. So, it has lap belts now. Do you get the child seats to work without shoulder harnesses?

Dawn
Back to top Go down
Brist

Brist

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Guy Here!   Hello New Guy Here! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi Dawn, the lap belts are actually easier than shoulder harnesses when it comes to child seats. My little one still sits in the car seat that has its own harness, so all I do is strap that in nice and tight with the seatbelts, and then strap her in it. My oldest uses a booster so I just set it in there and put the lap belt around her and off we go! My 3 year old has to sit indian style but she doesn't mind, she loves riding in the bug! Hope that helps! If you're at ice cream this evening you can see how they fit, it's not too tight at all back there!
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Guy Here!   Hello New Guy Here! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:53 pm

My bug did not have them either. I just did lap belts I did not want to weld the upper mount on the B pillar afraid of FIRE. I still do not have rear ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Guy Here!   Hello New Guy Here! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello New Guy Here!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: About Us :: Welcome - Networking :: Welcome-
Jump to: