Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I got to meet David today.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

I got to meet David today. Empty
PostSubject: I got to meet David today.   I got to meet David today. EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:38 pm

David's74Super was just sitting in front of my work broken down today. I pulled out of the parking lot around 5pm and saw a Ford van with Bugformance stickers all over it. I turned around just to say hello and ask if he needed any help. I hope you made it home okay David. It was nice to meet you and it sucks it had to be under such circumstances. At least it wasn't a broken down Dub Razz
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: I got to meet David today.   I got to meet David today. EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 3:31 am

Oh yeah. I found what I think the problem was. There's this electronic control box thing under the hood. I think it was an early version of technology. But anyway, I heard that when those go bad or overheat, they cause symptoms like what i was having. I stuck a bag of ice on it, and made it all the way home with no problems. Then I unhooked the trailer, hooked it to my truck (not equipped for electric brakes), stuck some magnet lights on it, and got back on track to Lincoln, lost one of the lights along the way, and picked up this gem.

I got to meet David today. Bug14079

(Blurry gas station pic)
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: I got to meet David today.   I got to meet David today. EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:33 pm

68-69? Nice score and it's just another one to add to your collection, lol. Glad to hear that it all worked out for you. I felt bad leaving you there but you said you had it covered. Damn Fords and their strange technology.
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: I got to meet David today.   I got to meet David today. EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:26 pm

70. My 3rd 1970 Bug, and 4th 1970 car. those Fords are a bit strange.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got to meet David today.   I got to meet David today. Empty

Back to top Go down

I got to meet David today.
Page 1 of 1