Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Treasure hunt for the samba - please have a look

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dsimas

dsimas

Treasure hunt for the samba - please have a look Empty
PostSubject: Treasure hunt for the samba - please have a look   Treasure hunt for the samba - please have a look EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Hugo has a big sister. '66 Deluxe 21 window walk-through bus. She's been scavenged, so needs some basic necessities before she's road worthy.

Here we go (used or new):

Front floor pan
Throttle pedal
Bug Box kit (BTW: Does it accommodate long axles or need spacers? Can I use bus wheels or need bug wheels?)
Ignition (and needs to be keyed, was hoping to match the doors, can this be done? Cost more?)
Headlights/buckets (can bug be used?)
Rear deluxe bumper - white
6 - white trim for pop out windows and rubber (my glass is good)
Wiper assembly and motor
Narrowed beam (do I need drop spindles too? Without them, is it too stiff a ride in a bus?)
Side mirrors (elephant ears)
5 Wheels (it has 5-14" wheels that aren't stock with moons) Long story here, but Hugo has 15"x5.5" chrome (stock style) in the back and 15"x4.5" chrome in the front. You know, old school, I got them in '80 or so when Cal Look was Select a Drop, with 165s in back and 135's in front. They have clips for hubcaps, but I've never had any because I couldn't afford them when I was a poor child... Wink So, I've always painted the hubs black and left them. If the bus can use the exact ones, I'll put them on the bus and get exact same set WITHOUT clips for Hugo? Sort of kill two birds with one stone. If not, I would like to get white wheels for the bus and use OG caps.

LMK if you know of any suggestions or answers to my ?'s.

And let the spending begin! cheers

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Treasure hunt for the samba - please have a look   Treasure hunt for the samba - please have a look EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 6:33 pm

By the way, am I missing something or have you not posted pictures of this beaut? I can't remember if I've seen it or not....
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Treasure hunt for the samba - please have a look   Treasure hunt for the samba - please have a look EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Someone mention rims

I have a set that will be for sale soon but I believe they have clips
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Treasure hunt for the samba - please have a look   Treasure hunt for the samba - please have a look EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 12:03 pm

LOTS to report. I am going to post a new project thread. She's Velvet Green and Pearl White, OG paint, so I call her "Velvet".

Look for the Velvet Thread. Smile
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Treasure hunt for the samba - please have a look   Treasure hunt for the samba - please have a look EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:36 am

Swweeeeeeeett!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treasure hunt for the samba - please have a look   Treasure hunt for the samba - please have a look Empty

Back to top Go down

Treasure hunt for the samba - please have a look
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: Classifieds-
Jump to: