Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My 66 Bug Project Thread.

Go down 
+11
silvertonguedevil
Smogman72
60herbie53
Jim Douglas Jr
Mateo
Bahabuggin
type 4
dsimas
916pat
Davids74Super
justcruzin
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
west coast ghia
SacTown
west coast ghia

My 66 Bug Project Thread. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 66 Bug Project Thread.   My 66 Bug Project Thread. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:55 am

looking good
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/lonnyatforyourride
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: My 66 Bug Project Thread.   My 66 Bug Project Thread. - Page 5 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 12:13 am

I know this isn't much of an update, but I figured I would update anyway! LOL

I finally made room for the bug under the main carport, next to the bus. Figured with the summer coming on fast, I can now start driving the bus and bug more.

My 66 Bug Project Thread. - Page 5 IMG_3639

I drove it to work for the first time the other night!! Looks good under parking light lights! Very Happy

My 66 Bug Project Thread. - Page 5 IMG_3628

My 66 Bug Project Thread. - Page 5 IMG_3631

It did ok on the way to work. All the lights kept working. LOL Except I did notice I am still having problems with my right side turn signal. Seems to be the front light causing the problem. I tried adding some solder to the bulb base, but that didn't work. I tried readjusting the bulb this time and so far it is working. I'll have to just wait to see what happens as the time goes by.

I also bought a dash wire cover. I am hoping this will help cut down on the air that is coming through the fuse panel. My legs got a little cold the other night! LOL

My 66 Bug Project Thread. - Page 5 IMG_3637

We found another motor to try in my bug. Although now I'm not sure if I really want to. LOL My hubby thinks it is either a 1300 or 1500. He say's it will be fine in the bug and will push it along fine. I'm a bit concerned though because I am used to 1600's and 1776's. He say's I will definitely feel the difference from the current motor and the 1300, but it will still be ok to drive it around town.

I would keep the built up 1776 in there but it really needs two carbs and hubby doesn't like that kind of set up. I did come up with another idea though. I figured maybe we could put one of those manifolds on there that excepts a bigger single carb. Not sure exactly of the correct name but I think it is called a webber carb? Gives me something to look for at BOR! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: My 66 Bug Project Thread.   My 66 Bug Project Thread. - Page 5 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:07 am

Although not as powerful as a 1776, a nice running 1300 or 1500 will scoot you around town just fine.
Back to top Go down
Need Air

Need Air

PostSubject: Re: My 66 Bug Project Thread.   My 66 Bug Project Thread. - Page 5 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 1:16 pm

Nice pics and good job on the bug looks great .. Dion ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 66 Bug Project Thread.   My 66 Bug Project Thread. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

My 66 Bug Project Thread.
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5