Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dune Buggy For Sale?

Go down 
+3
916pat
silvertonguedevil
Andy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Andy
State Route
Andy

Dune Buggy For Sale? Empty
PostSubject: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:18 am

I am considering selling my dune buggy. It looks mostly original as built in 1968. I have done tons of work on it, such as - new - wiring harness, master cylinder, brake lines, fuel lines, tires, powder coated wheels, swing axle boots, throttle cable, light bulbs, voltage regulator, battery, ignition system, rings and engine seals, along with rebuilt wheel cylinders, carburetor, and lapped the valves. This thing is on an EARLY pan (1953 ish) that was shortend 14.5 inches. The engine is a 1500 and the transaxle is original. It does need some finishing touches, such as paint and seats redone, as well as a few small things. I have a clean, clear title in my name, done right as a special construction with smog exemption. If anyone is interested, or know someone who is, let me know. I don't know what it is worth, but I need to get my money back plus a little for the headache of getting this thing registered.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:39 am

What are the plans if it sells? What's next?
Back to top Go down
Andy
State Route
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:45 am

I don't know yet, the wife just asked me "why are you going to sell it? you just got the wheels done and it running good" so we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
916pat

916pat

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:40 am

People tell me all the time I'm crazy for selling all the cool things I have had and built. I am here to tell you andy you are absolutly nuts. you have one of the coolest dune buggys I have ever seen. I am sure that someday you would regret selling it. If you really do decide to sell it let me know, I may know someone interested, me.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:19 pm

If you sell it Andy I will hate you forever...unless you buy a Bug.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Andy
State Route
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:21 pm

well, it is not officially for sale, but if I get an offer of the right price I will sell it. I would really like to build a 1 1/2 ton truck from the late 30's to early 50's. So if anyone knows of one for CHEAP, I will keep the buggy. Don't really want to sell, but it looks like a used car lot at my house and I don't need another one without getting rid of one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:16 pm

Andy wrote:
I don't know yet, the wife just asked me "why are you going to sell it? you just got the wheels done and it running good" so we'll see what happens.
My question exactly!
Back to top Go down
west coast ghia
SacTown
west coast ghia

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:16 am

my wife loves these how much
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/lonnyatforyourride
Andy
State Route
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:27 pm

I think it's gonna go. I am entertaining offers, I may try Craigslist by the end of the week, if no takers I may paint it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:30 pm

A man's gotta do what he's gotta do.... Sad
Hope it works out well!
Back to top Go down
916pat

916pat

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:58 pm

I gave up Andy, tired of dealing with these craigslist clowns. be prepaired to deal with northern california's finest.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:03 pm

You know I live in LA and I have 5 dollars will you meet me half way say Bakersfield or maybe the top of the Grapevine. I will pay the rest as soon as my check comes in the mail. Wait the money maybe coming by boat so I am sure I want you car. affraid
Back to top Go down
Andy
State Route
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Thanks Dave and Pat, that makes me feel better. affraid
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:15 am

Up for sale is a piece of rolling history. Be the proud third owner of a 1953 Dune Buggy, yes 1953. The pan alone is worth the asking price. This buggy holds a special construction title that is needed to be legal on California roads. The fiberglass is of a patina finish and just may be one of the first runs of a Myers (not sure still looking into the fact) Fresh power coated rims with new tire finish out the look. This is a time capsule not to be missed, runs great and is a nice driver.

With the stock market going down and inflation going up invest in old VW's. This is one of the finest example of the 60's era build.

$23,500 the car is located in Loomis CA
Back to top Go down
Andy
State Route
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:39 pm

Ha ha, Dave. That was funny. If only people were as crazy about Dune Buggys as they are about Busses I would be in good shape. cyclops
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Write it up just like that you never know. Providence, patina and price the three P's
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:44 pm

There you go. ^^^
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:52 pm

I live in Loomis and will be visiting Colfax this weekend if any of you all want to come and lookie at this here thing.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:57 am

Andy did you sell the Buggy
Back to top Go down
Andy
State Route
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:01 am

Still got it, Just couldn't find my balls to put it on the "list". So it will probably just sit and fall apart again because I have sorta lost interest for now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:09 am

Keep it covered up up for another day. C-list is full of scammers and morons.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:53 am

Andy wrote:
Still got it, Just couldn't find my balls to put it on the "list". So it will probably just sit and fall apart again because I have sorta lost interest for now.

You suck Andy.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:15 pm

And people with Tourette syndrome Sad
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 1:12 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:51 am

that serious stuff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dune Buggy For Sale?   Dune Buggy For Sale? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dune Buggy For Sale?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next