Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pedal Cluster Rebuild

Go down 
+5
type 4
Jim Douglas Jr
Smogman72
Paul. T
Mateo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Submarine Driver

Submarine Driver

Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pedal Cluster Rebuild   Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:30 am

Thanks Ray. I asked my teacher that exact question and he only gave me a bs answer.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Pedal Cluster Rebuild   Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:18 am

Thanks Ray we always need to know the TRUTH
Back to top Go down
rayvallero

rayvallero

PostSubject: Re: Pedal Cluster Rebuild   Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:14 am

Dann, what application did you use the grease that you say it failed you?
David, what application were you using the grease that failed you within two tanks of gas?
Mateo, I am sorry for highjacking this thread... but I want to comment on this grease discussion...

Grease is sort of like people, it doesn't matter what color it is. The key to grease is that it should flow to where it is needed, being thin or runny is not a problem if used in the correct application.

There was another thread where Dave Rudz posted a picture of a bug with the wheel off due to not packing the bearings. The photo showed that there was thick grease on the spindle and it was dry at the tip. In that case, the grease was so thick that it didn't flow properly. Consider this: heavy duty trucks all use 90w oil on the rear bearings, you don't get much runnier than that. They don't leak because the seals are correct and installed properly. So, the seal is as important (or more so) than the viscosity.

Check that the grease is labeled for the application in which you want to use it and be sure to use the correct seal. I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.valleros.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Pedal Cluster Rebuild   Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:39 am

Porsche 914 front wheel bearings. New bearings but it could be something else. If you drive it say 10 miles something in the front starts to hum. I have changes the pads and bearings. Should I get Chris to turn the rotors?
Back to top Go down
rayvallero

rayvallero

PostSubject: Re: Pedal Cluster Rebuild   Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:18 am

Rotors don't humm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.valleros.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Pedal Cluster Rebuild   Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 2:23 pm

I need some quality time then with the old car.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Pedal Cluster Rebuild   Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:48 pm

rayvallero wrote:

Dann, what application did you use the grease that you say it failed you?

I use it for heavy duty applications. I use it on the Peterbilt for everything. Like I said the blue just seems a little more sticky. It lasts longer in the u-joints and such.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Pedal Cluster Rebuild   Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:17 am

My hummmmm is a rotational thing and if it is not rotors it has to be bearings I will check them
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Pedal Cluster Rebuild   Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 12:02 pm

If the hard facing has worn of the races and rollers it will hum as you go faster.
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: Pedal Cluster Rebuild   Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:50 pm

We'll call this one done.

Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 Instal11

New cluster installed and adjusted. I like the way everything feels, very pleased.

Here is a shot of the new master just for kicks.

Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 New_ma11

So now it's off to work on the shift linkage and replacing the EMPI Hurst replica shifter with a SCAT. Kind of excited about that.

Then finish painting the calipers and get the brakes installed. Tighten up the front end and I think we're done up front.

I can't wait to get the mechanicals all done and then start working on the interior.

Anyone know where to get some decent floor mats in the meantime?
Back to top Go down
Submarine Driver

Submarine Driver

PostSubject: Re: Pedal Cluster Rebuild   Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:59 pm

Cluster looks good in there as does the basket.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Pedal Cluster Rebuild   Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:04 pm

Nice job Matt. Looks fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pedal Cluster Rebuild   Pedal Cluster Rebuild - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pedal Cluster Rebuild
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3