Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My 70 Bus!!

Go down 
+16
west coast ghia
euphgirl
Breck
Jeff67Sqbk
mikeinch
dsimas
Submarine Driver
sactownbug
Davids74Super
Smogman72
Mateo
type 4
60herbie53
916pat
silvertonguedevil
justcruzin
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
justcruzin

justcruzin

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:06 pm

916pat wrote:
that thing is coming out nice, good job. Am I the only one wondering about the red bus? know what they want for it?

I'm not sure what they would want for it. We are going back on Sat. I can ask.

There isn't to much left on it. I think the motor is gone. I know for sure the tail lights, back up lights, and rear apron are gone! LOL I snagged those. The inside I think has the closet, again, I think. Someone put a futon mattress in it for a bed. It also smells like human pee, although I know that can be taken care of.

I will also talk to my Bob (my hubby) and see if he can find out before Sat. He knows the guy at that yard.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:10 pm

justcruzin wrote:
Smogman72 wrote:
IM DOWN IN THE SAC AREA (AUBURN AND GREENBACK) ON MONDAY MORNINGS SO SOMETIME AFTER 11:30-NOON I COULD MEET YOU OR COME BY AND GET IT. Very Happy

I'm normally off work on Mondays but this monday I have an appt. with Smud to come out and change my meter. That is between 10-11am. Then the following Monday I have to work, but I'm not sure what time I will get off. Supposed to get off at 10.30 in the morning, but I try to go home as soon as I get my work done, so it could be ealier then that. I live over by Arden Fair Mall. I work in Folsom right by the lake off of BlueRavine.

OK NOT TO MUCH FARTHER. LIKE I SAID ANY TIME AFTER 11:30-NOON IM AVAILABLE. LET ME KNOW.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:15 pm

justcruzin wrote:
I will also talk to my Bob (my hubby) and see if he can find out before Sat. He knows the guy at that yard.

IF HE DOESNT MIND YOU COULD PUT SOMETHING UP IN THE NETWORKING THREAD FOR THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED IN FINDING A VW, SO YOU GUYS CAN KEEP AN EYE/EAR OUT FOR THEM.

BUT FOR SURE, WHEN YOU OR HE COMES ACROSS ANY VW HEADING TO THE CRUSHER/PARTS YARD, ETC OR JUST FOR SALE YOU SHOULD TOSS IT UP ON THE CLASSIFIEDS THREAD.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:15 pm

Cliff......I can't believe you want that dead rat!! You've gone off of the deep end my friend!!
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Lol maybe I have. I think it'll look great clear coated & sitting on the dash of the hearse
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:45 pm

I'm not trying to be a girl here or anything but maybe it would be better in a sealed case!!
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:59 pm

How bout a Plexiglas casket girlie Laughing
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:14 am

I'm interested in that red bus as well......
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:39 am

OOOhhhh. Plexiglas rat coffin! Cool
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:18 pm

I got off early from work this morning so I decided to go putter on Wes. I decided to find out what the dash would look like with some Maquiers cleaner for dashes.

Here is a before,

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1589

During,

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1591

After,

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1593

I think it came out pretty darn good!! I will eventually have to replace the little directional vents and take the speedometer cluster loose to clean better, but the first cleaning came out nicely!!

Hubby told me I should open up the vent tube things to clean them out. So I did that to the passenger side! Not a hole lot in it, but needed a cleaning.

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1601

Later I plan on re installing the insulation that was in the sides of the bus. It is still in good shape so I want to reuse it! Then I think it basically comes down to waiting to get new panel board to do anything else. Well, I could clean all the cabinets and pads. So I guess I have something to do for the next day or so while I'm waiting to get the board! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:15 pm

I can't believe how nice this thing is!! It had a rotting rat carcass in it for hell's sake!
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:32 pm

silvertonguedevil wrote:
I can't believe how nice this thing is!! It had a rotting rat carcass in it for hell's sake!

I know it!!! I am dying to get it back together!!! The roof and side paneling is holding me up. I still need to go buy it and stain it. Well, cut it out too! LOL I did get the insulation back in the sides so that is done. I'm going to put the original wood panels that go behind the closet back on. So I will do that today. I would clean all the cabinets and such, but we have them tucked in a small area to keep the dogs away from them. It would be a pain to pull them out and try to put them back in. By myself that is! So I most likely will wait till the paneling is in, then clean a piece, put it back in, so on ans so on.

Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:55 pm

Wow. That Meguiar's did a nice job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Ok, just left the wrecking yard that has the red bus! They wlll take 500. For it, but the guy wants to just deal with me. He said he might have to liensale it but wasn't sure. If you want to go look at, vet ahold of me and we can set something up!

I have more pics and I will as them when I get home!
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 4:36 pm

Ok, I should probably put this in the classified section, but because of the fact the guy doesn't want to deal with anybody but me, I'm keeping it in my thread. If your serious about buying the bus, then I don't mind running out to the yard with you to deal with it, but I don't want to have to just go back and forth all the time for tire kickers! LOL

Here are the pics.

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1903

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1904

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1905

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1906

Even though this pic shows a glove box, it is gone! LOL I snagged it for my bus, sorry!

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1907

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1908

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1909

The driver seat has been welded in, it is from something else. Not sure of the passenger side!

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1910

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1911

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1917

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1919

I'm not good at reading the vin plates to figure out the year but we are thinking from 68-70ish.

It appears that it was a normal seat style bus, but someone put the pop top and some camper stuff in it. It looks like it used to have a sun roof. Not sure if it is still there and just retracted. Didn't think to look.

Let me know if you want to buy it and we can set something up. Just PM me and I'll get back to you.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 4:39 pm

If I hear of any serious buyers I will be sure to let you know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 4:48 pm

60herbie53 wrote:
If I hear of any serious buyers I will be sure to let you know.

Just to clarify, I'm not really trying to sell it. There were just a few people that showed interest in it that are reading my thread.

If the guy was more open to dealing with others, I would be more then happy to just advertise it and spread the word. But, since he's not and I don't want to make him mad (or I won't get good deals anymore), I am just letting the few that are reading this thread know.

I would just give you all the name of the wrecking yard, but the people that are up at the counter don't know nothing about this and we are going to be going past those people to get the bus. They don't know anything till this guy tells them what is up.

Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:26 pm

Today we went and bought some paneling. I got a late start on the cutting and staining but I was able to get it stained 3 times in front and once in the back. It is now drying over night and I will try to install it tomorrow.

We bought 4x8 sheets of paneling. Got it home and realized there was a slight problem. As you can see in the picture, the paneling is a bit short. Even if I turned it, it was to short. We decided to cut the curve part out so it would match the opening in the roof, and just ad a small piece to the back where it won't be to noticeable because of the shelf that goes below it.

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1609

The staining process!

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1612

The old side panel next to the new stained one. I think new one is a bit darker! LOL

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1615

I also bought a new window rubber for the window that is not accessible once the cabinet is in. My hubby's kid ( a window installer) came over last night and R&R'd the rubbers for me. So that should take care of any leaks. Tomorrow after the roof is in I will put the curtain panel in. Well, I hope to put a lot more in too! LOL I'm hoping to get the side panel on, and then the closet, and maybe the bench seat. This all depends on how hot it is when we get back from a car swap meet we are going to in the morning.

Ok, here is a dilema I am having and I don't have much time to decide what I want to do. I really like the original lino that is on the floor. Thing is, it is kind of rough. I can probably cover up the front part by the door with something, but the nicks and holes in the main walkway will not be able to be covered. I don't know if I want to just live with it, or replace it. I only have till tomorrow to decide. If I'm going to replace it, I need to do it before the cabinets go back in. What do you guy's think, replace or deal with it? Very Happy

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1616

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1900

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1901
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:32 pm

You could use a throw rug to cover it, but on the other hand, linoleum is cheap and easy to work with......
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:35 pm

speedbuggy wrote:
You could use a throw rug to cover it, but on the other hand, linoleum is cheap and easy to work with......

Yah, and now would be the time to replace it. Would just have to glue down and cut holes. Wouldn't have to deal with going around cabinets and trying to hide cut lines around them, or uninstalling them again! LOL I may go look at some lino on the way home tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:52 am

Its amazing how the old VW's clean up.
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:03 pm

Well, today I had to make my decision. To put new lino in or leave the old and just have a bunch of little holes. I finally decided on new. Before that though we installed the roof panel. One thing I learned is, by cutting the pattern out like I did, the grain was going the opposite way that the board had to bend, to bend into place on the roof. We did manage to get it bent in to place, but it did break a bit. You can't see the break though. It is on the top. I lucked out. I did find out from a Samba member that it is possible to by 5x5 sheets of paneling. He gave me the name, baltic birch. I will have to look for some of that when I get ready to do the cab section of the bus. So yah, it will have two different types of wood, but oh well, we aren't going for a beauty contest!! Very Happy

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1618

Once that was up, and the lino was down, it was time to start putting the furniture back in!!!

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1617

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1619

My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 IMG_1620

I had to do some repair on the overhead shelf so I have to put that in tomorrow after the glue dries over nite! Then I have to do some minor wood glueing on the sink and also do the plumbing on it. Then that can go back in.

Next big thing to do is pull the motor!!! I will hopefully be getting to that maybe next weekend!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:08 pm

You are truly incredible!
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:04 am

speedbuggy wrote:
You are truly incredible!

Thanks!!

Once I get going on something I just can't stand stopping! LOL I had to do laundry in-between working on the bus today and it about killed me to have to stop, go switch clothes, then go back to work on the bus! LOL Hubby has to go without dinner sometimes too! LOL Ok, I did make him an egg sandwich, but only after it got to dark to work! LOL
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:32 am

The wood paneling and woodgrain linoleum looks very similar to how I plan on doing my Bus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 70 Bus!!   My 70 Bus!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My 70 Bus!!
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: Picture Gallery-
Jump to: