Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????

Go down 
+6
type 4
60herbie53
Mateo
silvertonguedevil
Smogman72
dsimas
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
dsimas

dsimas

Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Smogman72 wrote:
So we are all gonna meet at mel's at 6:30 right?

Yes!
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:15 pm

No bug this time 3 people and only one set of seal belts.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 3:52 pm

Even more last minute. Got a text from Dawn. She will be coming in with ray a little after 6:30. We (those going to be there tonight) should meet up lets say 6pm at home depot auburn so we know how many we have also so we can cruise together to mel's. See u all there
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Sounds like a plan Cliff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:06 pm

I'll be there.....ROCKIN' the Toyota!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:10 pm

I have the Honda
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 6:15 pm

I won't make Home Depot, see you all at Mel's.
Back to top Go down
Blujay Bug
State Route
Blujay Bug

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:39 pm

We will be at Home Depot at 6, will be in the Ford Escape, VW is at Ray's for awhile
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:42 pm

We are a VW group and is anyone driving an air cooled to the dinner
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:46 pm

So it looks like a Honda Element
Ford Escape
Toyota ???
Dodge for Cliff
Dann in a Mini Van
Matt Ghia I am sure or Massive Ford truck
Cat in a VW Submarine

Ray in a VW air cooled well we will be able to spot him

Back to top Go down
chuckm

chuckm

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 1:10 am

It was nice to see so many people there for Ray's birthday party. He seemed really happy and surprised to see everyone.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:47 am

It was a nice time indeed. Until next time

Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:33 pm

Sorry for the late pics here. It's was midnight by the time I made it home. Had a blast!! Thanks to Kyle for letting me drive Buddy. I really need a Bug.......

Anyhoo, here are the shots I took

For those who didn't attend. It was so funny because when a string of dubs pulled up, the owner came out, told us to park up front and said that he'd get rid of that pesky SUV. Which he did!! Very Happy

Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 Sr49_910111-vi

Herbie and his newly finished girlfriend. Meet Giselle!

Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 Sr49_910112-vi

Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 Sr49_910115-vi

And the Birthday Boy's car...

Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 Sr49_910116-vi

Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 Sr49_910117-vi
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:36 pm

A packed house. Mel's was excellent. They took great care of us!

Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 Sr49_9101110-vi

Then we all headed over to Ray's for a peek around his complex. For those of us that didn't make his demonstration day, we all got a little mini-demonstration. Amazing place!

Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 Sr49_9101111-vi
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Thanks for being photographer Greg!!
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:47 pm

It looks like Giselle! may of had an accident from the looks of the wet spot in front of her. Dann what did your car do. Was it the smell of burning rubber?
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 1:35 pm

That was a blast.

Next time I am not going to let Jenn talk me out of diving May just so we could have air conditioning.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 1:46 pm

AC was nice last night
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 5:19 pm

It's called windows down, wing windows open and pop-outs out.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:58 am

Last night was awesome. I know Alex and I had a great time at dinner. I want to thank Ray for opening his workshop up to show us the amazing work he does. What a guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 1:01 am

Yeah, let's do it again.....soon.
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:56 am

silvertonguedevil wrote:
It's called windows down, wing windows open and pop-outs out.

Yeah, sweat, God's best a/c invention. Ahhhhh....

Dann, is Alex your little boy? I kinda got lost on who's kids were who's. I saw Greg has a little one. The other was yours? TOO CUTE. Thanks for bringing them. Thanks everyone for coming, it really was a surprise and Ray said one of the best birthdays he's had (and there's been a LOT of them). Wink
Back to top Go down
8v fury
SacTown

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Wish I could of made it, dealing with car problems.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 2:52 pm

My wife was bummed she missed it. Elaine had a great time, could you imagine a 16yr old having fun with a bunch of old car farts like us. cheers

Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 3:35 pm

type 4 wrote:
Elaine had a great time, could you imagine a 16yr old having fun with a bunch of old car farts like us. cheers

Hey, we all know that she came to see the Cat Lady.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????    Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Surprise Birthday Cruise and dinner at Mel's this weekend?????
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next