Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wanted: Upholstery repair (front seats)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mylo
SacTown
mylo

Wanted: Upholstery repair (front seats) Empty
PostSubject: Wanted: Upholstery repair (front seats)   Wanted: Upholstery repair (front seats) EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:31 pm

The front seats from my '73 Westy are hosed. All the stuffing disintegrated. The passenger seat is quite uncomfortable as it just leans forward.

The material itself is great. It's been well protected under the sheep skin covers.

I'm hoping they can just be repaired instead of replaced.

Any recommendations, locally (especially, but not limited to, in the Folsom/Placerville/East) area, for someone to do this?

Any estimates on cost of such a procedure? etc.?
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Upholstery repair (front seats)   Wanted: Upholstery repair (front seats) EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 7:32 pm

If you can get the padding for the seats, it's an easy do-it-yourself install. Just follow the directions. It's basically a matter of taking the covers off, putting the new padding on the springs, and using hog-rings to attach the covers to the seats. It works easier if the materials are warm, so leave it all out in the sun for a while then do it.

My dad has done this on a 56 Chevy and a 68 LeMans, I'll ask him what company he got the materials from and get back to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: stock seat covers   Wanted: Upholstery repair (front seats) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:23 pm

look at jcwhitney.com or cacustoms.com they both have VW seat coves starting at $20
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Upholstery repair (front seats)   Wanted: Upholstery repair (front seats) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Upholstery repair (front seats)
Page 1 of 1