Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th

Go down 
+2
mylo
Smogman72
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th Empty
PostSubject: Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th   Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:19 pm

Ok...So Brads tuneup party two weeks ago was kind of a flop and My tech day last saturday was also a flop. No one showed at Brads and only Brad showed here but didnt get a chance to get on the analyzer due to customers. SSSoooooooo......How bout all of you talk it out on here and let me know what a good day to do a tech day would be. I would prefer a Saturday or Sunday due to Business hours.

Lets here your thoughts.

There was a couple of folks at the 1st meet that said they'd be at the next one. You all tell me when it is Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
mylo
SacTown
mylo

PostSubject: Re: Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th   Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:46 pm

Saturday, August 14th Smile
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th   Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:47 pm

I can bring the Jetta if you have a press for some bushings Very Happy
These watercooled cars are heeps if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th   Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:27 pm

zuhaelter_82 wrote:
I can bring the Jetta if you have a press for some bushings Very Happy
These watercooled cars are heeps if you know what I mean.

THE AUTO SHOP NEXT DOOR DOES HAVE A MANUAL PRESS THAT IS OUTSIDE YOU COULD USE. I THINK IT WOULD WORK FOR AT LEAST MOST OF WHAT YOU NEED.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th   Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:38 pm

TALKED WITH A COUPLE OF YOU ON TUES. AT THE ROSEVILLE SHOW AND IT SOUNDS LIKE AUG 14TH SOUNDS GOOD TO AT LEAST 2 SO WE WILL SHOOT FOR THE 14TH OF AUGUST FOR THE NEXT TECH DAY.

IT WILL BE HELD AT ALTA SIERRA'S SMOG STOP, 15563 STATE HWY 49 SUITE B, GRASS VALLEY, CA 95949.

DONT BELIEVE THE MAPS ONLINE...FOR SOME REASON THEY HAVE ME LOCATED ON THE WEST SIDE OF 49. IM ON THE EAST SIDE (THE YELLOW PAGES MAP IS THE CLOSEST). IF YOU GET LOST YOU CAN CALL THE SHOP AT 530-477-2582

FROM GRASS VALLEY:
49 SOUTH TOWARD AUBURN,
TURN LEFT AT ALTA SIERRA DR (SIGNAL LIGHT)
TURN LEFT AT THE 3RD (THE 1ST AND 2ND ARE KINDA JOINED) POSSIBLE LEFT TURN YOU CAN MAKE (THE GREY GOOSE WILL BE ON YOUR RIGHT AND LARRY AND LENA'S PIZZA WILL BE ON YOUR LEFT)
CONTINUE UP THE HILL ABOUT 50 YARDS AND WE ARE ON THE LEFT.

FROM AUBURN:
49 NORTH TOWARD GRASS VALLEY
TURN RIGHT AT ALTA SIERRA DR (SIGNAL LIGHT)
TURN LEFT AT THE 3RD (THE 1ST AND 2ND ARE KINDA JOINED) POSSIBLE LEFT TURN YOU CAN MAKE (THE GREY GOOSE WILL BE ON YOUR RIGHT AND LARRY AND LENA'S PIZZA WILL BE ON YOUR LEFT)
CONTINUE UP THE HILL ABOUT 50 YARDS AND WE ARE ON THE LEFT.

OR

GO THROUGH THE LIGHT
TURN RIGHT AT THE GRAVEL DRIVEWAY ON YOUR RIGHT JUST AFTER THE GUARD RAIL ENDS
GO ABOUT 75 FT TURN RIGHT
THEN GO ABOUT 25FT AND TURN RIGHT AGAIN.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL HERE.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO BRING A BBQ OR SOMETHING, BEVERAGES, WHATEVER, ?POTLUCK? PLEASE DO. THERE IS A GROCERY STORE JUST DOWN THE HILL SO WE CAN ALL BRING IT OR GO GRAB IT WHEN YOU GET HERE.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th   Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:19 pm

OK EVERYONE. TECH DAY IS COMING QUICK!!! IVE GOT A DEFINENT FROM ONE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOUR PLANNING ON COMING UP. I WILL HAVE THE GATES OPEN ABOUT 9-9:30AM. NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR GREAT THE ISSUE WE CAN GET IT FIXED. ALSO IF YOU NEED A TOW (I HAVE A TOW BAR FOR TYPE 1'S NOT SURE WHAT ELSE IT'LL HOOK TO BUT NOT ANY TYPE 3'S) LET ME KNOW AND I CAN COME GET YOUR RIDE (FRI NIGHT OR SAT MORN). IF YOU KNOW THE PARTS YOU NEED I CAN GET PRICING FOR YOU.

THIS IS A GREAT OPPERTUNITY FOR ALL OF YOU TO MAYBE LEARN SOMETHING NEW AS WELL AS HELP OTHERS LEARN MORE ABOUT THEIR VW. COME ON OUT EVEN IF YOU DONT NEED ANY REPAIRS.
Back to top Go down
firemarshalbi11
SacTown
firemarshalbi11

PostSubject: Re: Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th   Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:19 am

I'm interested, but can't leave Roseville until 1:30 on Saturday. Think you will still be happening around 2:30? I have a 65 bus that I'm having trouble keeping adjusted. May need a carb rebuild. If you think you'll be done by then, no worries, I'll hit up the next shop day.
Back to top Go down
amishman
State Route
amishman

PostSubject: Re: Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th   Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 1:50 am

Smogman72 wrote:
OK EVERYONE. TECH DAY IS COMING QUICK!!! IVE GOT A DEFINENT FROM ONE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOUR PLANNING ON COMING UP. I WILL HAVE THE GATES OPEN ABOUT 9-9:30AM. NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR GREAT THE ISSUE WE CAN GET IT FIXED. ALSO IF YOU NEED A TOW (I HAVE A TOW BAR FOR TYPE 1'S NOT SURE WHAT ELSE IT'LL HOOK TO BUT NOT ANY TYPE 3'S) LET ME KNOW AND I CAN COME GET YOUR RIDE (FRI NIGHT OR SAT MORN). IF YOU KNOW THE PARTS YOU NEED I CAN GET PRICING FOR YOU.

THIS IS A GREAT OPPERTUNITY FOR ALL OF YOU TO MAYBE LEARN SOMETHING NEW AS WELL AS HELP OTHERS LEARN MORE ABOUT THEIR VW. COME ON OUT EVEN IF YOU DONT NEED ANY REPAIRS.

I may show up just to meet anyone going. I will drive my bus there. Will see if I can skip out of weekend chores for a bit tomorrow morning. tj
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwhippie.com
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th   Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:06 am

I will be there.. got to find out what my "tinging" noise is.. might be changing out a clutch?
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th   Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:58 pm

TECH DAY IS UP AND RUNNING!!! IM HERE AND WE GOT TWO RIDES HERE SO FAR. COME ON UP!!
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th   Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:55 pm

Well ... that was well worth it. Turns out I just had the tin hitting my pulley at certain times.. but, got some new tranny fluid in her and an oil change. And had a great time B.Sin with Cliff and Amishman... Great to finally meet you by the way! Bus looks great!

Hope more of you can make it on the next one. It really does help to have a few heads poking around listening to the weird noises to get them figured out. Just got back from a mini cruise into town and back, and man the things run so much quieter. Very nice... thanks a bunch for hosting this Cliff! Shade, air tools and people to hang with while you work! The only way to do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
amishman
State Route
amishman

PostSubject: Re: Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th   Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 9:40 pm

Admin wrote:
Well ... that was well worth it. Turns out I just had the tin hitting my pulley at certain times.. but, got some new tranny fluid in her and an oil change. And had a great time B.Sin with Cliff and Amishman... Great to finally meet you by the way! Bus looks great!

Hope more of you can make it on the next one. It really does help to have a few heads poking around listening to the weird noises to get them figured out. Just got back from a mini cruise into town and back, and man the things run so much quieter. Very nice... thanks a bunch for hosting this Cliff! Shade, air tools and people to hang with while you work! The only way to do it.

Yes, was nice to meet you and Cliff and your son today. My wife was surprised I was away so long. I arrived around 10AM and figured maybe I would shoot the shit for an hour or two but time flies I guess when talking to others about fun VW stuff. Left around 2PM so have a nice 4 hours of VW yapp'n

Looking forward to future events. I will for sure do the local up to Auburn events. Roseville for me is a bit too far but Auburn or a tad past that works for me and I will try and make all events within say 30 minutes from home or so.

Glad your ride no longer goes tappity tappity tap. cyclops

tj (the Amishman)
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwhippie.com
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th   Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Third times a charm!

Got to meet TJ and get a look at his awesome split half pop top bus. Very nice, I always wanted one of those. Something about the half pop top I like but not exactly sure what it is Smile

Got Brads 2 noise issues fixed as well as his clutch adjusted, trans and engine oils changed out. Hope it does you right till you pick that local job up Very Happy

Both TJ (amishman) and Brad took off round 2. I then got to cleaning up the 1969 caravelle fishing/ski boat I just picked up. No Im certainly not rich. I had a totally broke customer that need both his 96 miata and 95 accord fixed so he can still get around. I payment for the parts and labor I put into getting both back on the road with no problems he gave me the boat. It needs some freshening up but not in to bad a shape. The last time it saw the water was about 3 years ago.

I was here till about 5:30 waiting to see if anyone else would show, but no one did. Sad

I'd like to see Tech Day being a monthly deal. Maybe even making it an unofficial monthly meet. Whether your ride needs fixing or not come show us something we dont know, maybe even learn something. Very Happy

As far as the next one......You tell me. I will open the shop on the weekend of your choice. I will start another tread for Tech Day September.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th   Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th Empty

Back to top Go down

Tech Day at Alta Sierra's Smog Stop - August 14th
Page 1 of 1