Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!

Go down 
+2
silvertonguedevil
dsimas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dsimas

dsimas

Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! Empty
PostSubject: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:14 pm

I have a 3 day weekend and am planning to get Hugo with the new motor out for a short roadtrip. We've got Ray, Mateo and Jenn, "Banzai King" Jim Kikuchi, and possibly Christiane (Cat) coming along, please join us for the day or overnight!

Leave Friday, Feb 3, and going to San Jose. I've arranged a private tour (not open to the public) of Mark Merrill's VW MUSEUM!! Some very rare stuff and lots of it, right in our backyard. Here's some pics from someone that saw it:

Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! Museum2
Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! Museum7
Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! Museum6
Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! Museum5
Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! Museum4
Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! Museum1
Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! Museum3

http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20854

Then we will cruise over Hwy 92 to Half Moon Bay and stay the night. I am looking at Half Moon Bay Lodge. Outdoor fireplace for gathering and discussing the day. $144 a night.

There's also a less expensive motel nearby (Motel 6 style) if you prefer.

We will then be joined by any and all samba members that respond to the Hwy 1 cruise portion. I am posting an open invite on all four build threads as Hugo's "coming out" trip. I just didn't want them crashing our private Museum Tour the day before, so they will be joining us on Saturday morning for the driving part.

We cruise south on Hwy 1 to Santa Cruz. We may turn at Davenport and head up to Bonny Doon/Henry Coe Redwoods State Park and cut over that way through the big trees. Lunch in Santa Cruz and continue south to Monterrey and Carmel. If people want to, we can check on doing 17 Mile Drive. Staying at Spindrift Inn on Cannery Row, RIGHT ON THE OCEAN on Cannery Row, complimentary wine and cheese and breakfast, fireplaces in the rooms, $219 for the night:

There are also Comfort Inn type motels there for $70 or so, only a few blocks away, if you rather.

I am going to contact Monterrey Penninsula Air-Cooled Society and hopefully we will get several of them to come out and play.

http://www.mpasvw.com

They're Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/119340549927/

Sunday we will return by cutting over Pacheco Pass to I-5 and an easy drive north to Sacto. I need a headcount for Mr. Merrill at the museum, he is providing refreshments for us. Who wants to join the fun?!
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:31 pm

So you're doing the museum on Friday?
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Yes Greg. Come for a day trip. Smile
Back to top Go down
Submarine Driver

Submarine Driver

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Dang it I have class literally all day Friday. That museum looks great.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:05 pm

I'd be up for hanging out or hosting a stop. (San Francisco).
I've been out of the loop here for a while. Just too busy at work now and not on line much at home.

Mark Merrill's place is really fun and he's as nice as they get. No attitude at all about his wonderful collection and happy to share it.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:32 pm

KYLE?????? Is that really you?

Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Low Class
State Route
Low Class

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:09 pm

yeah Kyle is back cheers
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Awesome Kyle! Do you want to meet at Mark's? Or just do the cruise from Half Moon Bay?

We won't be in SFO, we are planning on cutting down 680 south to SJC, then over 92 to the coast...

Please spread the word to other Bay Area dubbers. The more the merrier!!
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Kyle's a member of Duetscheland VW's.
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:51 am

Oh God help me to be strong. I am biting my tongue not to comment on that one.

Total setup, I am just sayin'...
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:40 am

Not douche Mateo. It's like a bunch of 4th graders around here. Rolling Eyes
lol!
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:33 am

I didn't say that, and you'll never know if I was thinking it...
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:44 am

Oh, I know.........
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:15 pm

I could meet at Mark's. is that Friday.

Sorry to not be around much. I've taken on about all I can handle mentally at work and been limiting some of my participation on line and such.
Too many irons in the fire.

I've been meaning to get up and see everyone again but haven't had much of a chance to get away.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:16 am

Kyle, et al:

Due to the poorhouse VW owners that we all are members of... We've cut the cruise down to Sat and Sun. SO, we are now going to the Museum on Saturday. Staying at Half Moon Bay at the COMFORT INN (still nice) that night. Cruising down Hwy 1 to Santa Cruz on Sunday. Lunch there, cruise the redwoods and come on home.

Kyle, can you suggest a nice road for the redwoods? Hwy 17 is horrible. And the old Hwy Glenwood Drive is actually a cool drive (parallels it), but it's really potholed and rough now that CA could care less. And so I was thinking about Skyline Blvd? I haven't been there in ages. Does it run through the redwoods? Or should we come up past UC Santa Cruz to Felton or Bonny Doon or whatever the cool little mountain towns are up there and does that meet up with Skyline? Then maybe take it to 280 north and over the bay bridge, instead of up 680?

Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:30 pm

I've mentioned in other threads, but the trip is now two days, Sat & Sun. 10-15 people.

We are leaving Ray's shop in Auburn at 9am this Saturday, Feb 4.

Starbucks at Madison and I-80 at 9:45am.

San Jose at Mark Merrill's museum, shooting for arrival at 1pm. Mark will have sodas and snacks. No admission, but donations accepted.

Afterwards, we will go over to Half Moon Bay and stay at the Comfort Inn. Breakfast is provided and Sunday morning we will then head down Hwy 1 to Santa Cruz. Tour through the redwoods, lunch, and back home that day.

I need a headcount. Kyle are you meeting us there? If Kyle's not on this forum, can someone call him and tell him the change in day and ask if he can still meet us there?

Come for a day trip to at least see the museum, it's a great opportunity! You don't have to drive a VW if you don't have one running, but can still cruise with us. I just need a headcount. The more the merrier!!
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:41 pm

Kyle - 415.307.0053
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:53 pm

READY for our trip tomorrow!

Here's a few teasers with pics from the VW museum. Again folks, this is not open to the public, join us if you want to see it tomorrow!

http://www.norcalaircooledgroup.org/showthread.php/838-Mark-Merrill-s-awesome-place

http://www.norcalaircooledgroup.org/showthread.php/1731-Mark-Merrill-s-open-house-extravaganza!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!   Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour! Empty

Back to top Go down

Coastal Cruise Feb 3-5 - "My Mini Treffen" and private VW Museum tour!
Page 1 of 1