Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

timing problems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RobGrob9109

RobGrob9109

timing problems  Empty
PostSubject: timing problems    timing problems  EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:18 pm

hey guys i got a 57 with a 1776 enigine and dual solex carbs. i am new to volkswagen... and new in general being 20 haha but i have been having trouble with getting the timing down anybody a total expert on it and want to show a new pup how the ol dogs do it? i am buying new points condenser cap and regulator tonight just to see if that is the problem have checked the valves they are all spot on... thinking its a mix of the carb not being timed right...

this saturday january 21 i would like to get it running you could text me at 1916-223-6865 i would love to be able to roll up to our thursday meeting this next week at the pizza place i live in fair oaks also so if you live near by even better

i have all the tools needed including the carb bubble reader

just let me know

thank you Rob Grob
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

timing problems  Empty
PostSubject: Re: timing problems    timing problems  EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:11 am

Not to burst your bubble but I would invest in the Petronix or Compu-fire electronic ignition. It will give you more consistent performance plus you will not have to change points again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Breck

Breck

timing problems  Empty
PostSubject: Re: timing problems    timing problems  EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Rob Have you called bugformance and told them the problems that you are having. I would start there. Breck
Back to top Go down
RobGrob9109

RobGrob9109

timing problems  Empty
PostSubject: Re: timing problems    timing problems  EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:02 pm

yeah i have called them they said it is either an exhaust problem or a timing problem i went and bought an advance timing light because they recommended it i will be needing to adjust my timing every 3000 anyways and thats what they use to do there timing.... anyways now the bugger wont turn over without the charger on the battery even though the charger says it is fully charged... im starting to get pissed off at this stupid thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

timing problems  Empty
PostSubject: Re: timing problems    timing problems  Empty

Back to top Go down

timing problems
Page 1 of 1