Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
justcruzin

justcruzin

Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater Empty
PostSubject: Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater   Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:11 pm

I drive my bus (bay window) to work and back in the wee hours of the morning or nights. I am having a hard time keeping warm, so I decided to buy me a Mr. Heater to use on my commute.

It arrived today and I decided to see how it would do in a moving bus. Trying to find a location for it is turning into a bit of a challenge. For my test drive I stuck it between the seats facing the front of the bus. Because of my cup holder, I have to have it slightly pointed toward my right leg.

Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater IMG_2893

I just went around the block and I can tell you, I should have got the "little' Buddy. LOL My leg was about to fry, and the heater was only on low. OUCH! LOL I'm not sure on how I want to handle the location of the heater. I'm thinking of having hubby build me a "mount" for the heater to sit in so I can put it on the passenger side facing me, but far enough away to hopefully not fry my leg. So it would be about where it is in this pic.

Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater IMG_2892

This location makes it kind of hard to get to the control, I will have to take the seat belt off if I want to turn the heater off while on the road. I would rather have it in the center so I can reach it, but I don't want to move my cup holder. It won't angle the other way ( away from my leg) with the cup holder in the way. I might try it behind the cup holder and just keep an eye on the holder to make sure it isn't melting! LOL If anyone sees a better place to put it, feel free to share! Very Happy

I can say one thing. I should stay warm on the way to work now!! LOL

Someday I may break down and get the Little Buddy and just use this bigger one for keeping warm on camping trips or at car shows. It will make a nice little personal heater while sitting outside! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sactownbug

sactownbug

PostSubject: Re: Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater   Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:07 pm

"It will make a nice little personal heater while sitting outside!"

I'm sitting next to you at the invasion...
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater   Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:15 pm

sactownbug wrote:
"It will make a nice little personal heater while sitting outside!"

I'm sitting next to you at the invasion...

lol!

That is exactly where I plan to use it too! I figure it is probably going to be cold in March!
Back to top Go down
euphgirl
SacTown
euphgirl

PostSubject: Re: Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater   Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:20 pm

How about making a platform that fits on the floor or the passenger side and sit the heater a bit recessed in the platform. Then you can still reach it if need be.
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater   Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:31 pm

euphgirl wrote:
How about making a platform that fits on the floor or the passenger side and sit the heater a bit recessed in the platform. Then you can still reach it if need be.

Great minds think alike! LOL That is what I was thinking of doing too. I want the platform made so that the heater will sit in it, but will lift out easily. Just in case I have a passenger. But, it has to also allow decent ventilation at the bottom too. There are big vent holes in the bottom of the heater, so I don't want it to hold the heater so tight it can't breath. Really, it can be as simple of just 2 boards sticking up on the front and back of the heater. Heck, I can make that! LOL
Back to top Go down
euphgirl
SacTown
euphgirl

PostSubject: Re: Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater   Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:35 pm

How about a study piece of metal and then drill one inch holes for vent? Or some chain link fence as a bottom...

I got it! Use a BBQ rack...well a small one used for a smoker! Home Depot run!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater   Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater Empty

Back to top Go down

Got me a Mr. Buddy Heater
Page 1 of 1