Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another "new" old guy.

Go down 
+10
dsimas
60herbie53
west coast ghia
Breck
Need Air
Smogman72
justcruzin
sactownbug
silvertonguedevil
type2vw
14 posters
AuthorMessage
type2vw

type2vw

Another "new" old guy. Empty
PostSubject: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:22 pm

hi all, my name is steve. i've been lurking on here for a while & finally decided to speak up. i have about 400 ads listed in the samba site. i'm willing to give club members discounts depending what you might want. my id is the same type2vw. i have been active in vw's most my life - middle of 7 kids so my parents always owned a bus to fit us all. i currently own a 1966 sea blue/cumulus white 13 window bus - as the sig line states. you mightr have seen me at a few of the last years swap meets. i'm the guy in the wheelchair with a lot of owner's manuals. as for vw's, i have owned:

1970 orange standard sun roof beetle
1960 brown bug eyed baja bug
1957 blue beetle
1983 2 tone brown vanagon - last of the air-cooled.
1965 sea blue/blue white 21 window project (why did i ever sell it?)
1969 blue auto stick beetle
1963 white rag top beetle
1965 grey primer frankenstein beetle - 65 body on a 72 standard pan with 71 ghia front disk brakes, 1963 seats...
1966 13 window bus - angus or gus the bus
1957 dove blue kombi

blue seems to be my color.

i've never owned a type 3 or a ghia (at 6'4" i couldn't fit very well and bring my wheelchair along with me)

my bus is still a project. just a few minor details with new brakes, electrical then i need to get a working motor. i'm not mechanically inclined but have learned a lot through having to fix my rides. i've rebuilt the top end of a motor but never dared to do the bottom end. here is the reason for the silent lurking. my access to transportation is limited. here i am in loomis - do i drive up to grass valley or go downtown? i would love to go the tech days or get togethers i just have to gat my bus on the road. here's a few pics:

Another "new" old guy. Vw306
picture from the samba ad.

Another "new" old guy. Vw407
just arrived home from eugene or.

Another "new" old guy. Vw409

Another "new" old guy. Vw421
hours of scrubbing with graffiti remover.

Another "new" old guy. Vw449
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Welcome...again! Lol. I like your bus. Glad you decided to join up! Also glad you have parts! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sactownbug

sactownbug

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:20 pm

WELCOME!!! GREAT BUS!! HOPE TO SEE IT ON THE ROAD SOON!
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Need Air

Need Air

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:53 am

Welcome....
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:25 am

Welcome Steve
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Hey Steve got any early bay bus front seats (walk thru)
Back to top Go down
type2vw

type2vw

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Breck wrote:
Hey Steve got any early bay bus front seats (walk thru)

thanks for all the replies. no on the seats - sorry. i'll let you know if i run across any.
Back to top Go down
west coast ghia
SacTown
west coast ghia

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:29 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/lonnyatforyourride
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:57 am

Welcome to the board Steve. You have a nice looking project there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Welcome Steve!

Do you have a van that you can drive yourself? Or is your issue that you need a ride? If so, I assume it can't be a bug because you'd need your chair? Tech Days would be great for you to learn more. Do you need a complete motor or do you have one that needs a rebuild? How's the trans on your bus?

Smile Dawn
Back to top Go down
type2vw

type2vw

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:52 am

right now i'm not driving but i'm working on getting that changed. don't have anything to drive anyways until the bus is good. my wife is the sole driver in a family of 4 at home. when she works or the kids have something going on i'm on my own. i do have 2 long blocks that need to be rebuilt. both have end play. i've rebuilt the top end of a motor but not the bottom end.

i'm going to try to get to mel's next week. i couldn't get to rough & ready today. maybe next month. if anyone has spare time to help work on a motor would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
badfishie
SacTown
badfishie

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:57 pm

welcome to the group. great to have you
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:55 pm

You're welcomed to come in something else. Wink

No gutter comments Lita, Greg, Dann, Matt, Lonnie, Cliff - pretty much everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Jim Douglas Jr wrote:
No gutter comments Lita, Greg, Dann, Matt, Lonnie, Cliff - pretty much everyone.
Crap! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
badfishie
SacTown
badfishie

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Hahaha
Back to top Go down
euphgirl
SacTown
euphgirl

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:14 pm

Hey I'm an angel!! Razz

Welcome to the group! Don't let Dann Kyle scare you...he's a pussy cat. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:49 pm

Moi ?!?!

I resemble that remark...
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:45 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
type2vw

type2vw

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:21 am

thanks for all the kind words of welcome. i appreciate it all. sorry i missed the get together - life keeps getting in my way of having fun. i'm gonna make one of these outings. sorry about the gutter thing too. i'm more than comfortable there, but rules is rules.

and dawn, not sure about the transaxle on my bus. it was on blocks in the ad. i told the guy that i'ld buy it if he could make it into a roller. not sure what he threw in there but he didn't have axle nuts so he glued the brake drums on the axles. boy where they hard to break loose. once i got them loose it took a couple weeks to finally pull them off the axles. i'm still going with the transaxle for now. i may need to trade it out later. still keeping redux boxes and stock height. i have some goodyear mud & snow tires on it to play in some mud. i've missed my baja from the day i sold it 28 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another "new" old guy.   Another "new" old guy. Empty

Back to top Go down

Another "new" old guy.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: About Us :: Welcome - Networking :: Welcome-
Jump to: