Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bad Ass BMX bike for trade! Blown motor forces trade...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LuvnVdubn

LuvnVdubn

Bad Ass BMX bike for trade! Blown motor forces trade... Empty
PostSubject: Bad Ass BMX bike for trade! Blown motor forces trade...   Bad Ass BMX bike for trade! Blown motor forces trade... EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:43 am

Well fellow V-Dubbers, a catastrophic turn of events has resulted in a blown motor and a serious transportation issue. Abby, my 71 Beetle is not only my project but my daily driver as well. That lil 1600 ran awesome, until yesterday when somehow one of the oil strainer bolts backed its way out while I was on the freeway and she bled out. I was exiting the freeway when the oil light came on, and in the time it took to turn off the off ramp she died. Needless to say, my motors frozen and I'm screwed. $$ is tight and I have no way to get to and from my new job so it's time to make some sacrifices!

It breaks my heart to get rid of this bike, I have babied it and kept it as prestine as possible since I bought it new from Hyland Cycles in San Jose CA, however I don't own very many things of value and if it means getting me and Abby back on the road then I gotta do what I gotta do.... Here's the break down~~

2008 FELT PYRE PRO-TEAM ISSUE MSRP when new in 2008 was 599.00 I bought it in November of 2009 on sale for 449.99, plus the upgrades.

Upgrades when purchased:
Sealed integrated headset (original was cartrige)
Front hub-team felt sealed (original was unsealed I was like WTF!?!?)
Bottom Bracket-team sealed mid bb with chromolly spindle (came with hop up kit and reinforced bearings)

Upgrades since purchased:
Forks- MacNeil ID, (33oz LIGHT AND STRONG)
Bars- FMF CRproXL super light w/no specified weight restriction LIFE TIME WARRANTY
Stem-Primo Pro
Front Sprocket~Animal Sprocky Balboa
Odyssey brakes with dirty harry lever
Entire Bike weighed 27.8lbs when new, I've probably shaved between 1 & 2 pounds off of that #
Theres a ton of $$ spent on this bike and yes I know I will never get what I have put in to it. Not even in trade, I just need to get to work and back so at this point it doesn't matter
This bike has been ridden gently and well taken care of. HAS NEVER SEEN A STREET PARK OR DIRT JUMPS!

I am pulling my motor tomorrow to really assess the damage but I know I am in need of at least a rebuilt short block. Long block would be better. Or the parts to rebuild mine. I am looking for nothing smaller than a 1600DP. If you have any offers or Ideas please feel free to throw them my way. Thanks alot!!![img]Bad Ass BMX bike for trade! Blown motor forces trade... 2011-010[/img][img]Bad Ass BMX bike for trade! Blown motor forces trade... 2011-011[/img]
Back to top Go down

Bad Ass BMX bike for trade! Blown motor forces trade...
Page 1 of 1