Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OldSkoolVWLover
SacTown
OldSkoolVWLover

The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) Empty
PostSubject: The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far)   The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:33 pm

So I said I would post pics sooner or later..... been lazy but decided to get a few up, that I have had posted for ever.

These are older
The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) Picture140

The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) DSCN0407copy

The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) DSC_0147

The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) DSC_0134

The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) DSC_0131

Right before it got painted (again).....

The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) 100_0944

As it sits now (but it's a lot dirtier currently)

The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) PIC_0106

The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) Photo0457
Back to top Go down
http://www.EarlyWatercooled.org
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far)   The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:37 pm

I love your car dude...
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far)   The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:43 pm

ABSOLUTLY LUV THE SHIFTER!!! PERSONAL OPINION BUT I DONT REALLY DIG THE COLOR..SORRY. OTHER THEN THAT, GREAT LOOKING CAR. I LIKE THE WAY YOUVE MIXED THE OLD SCHOOL IN WITH THE NEW. HOPE TO SEE IT IN PERSON SOON
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far)   The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:36 pm

I don't know how you guys can shift your cars with those long shifters... the first thing I always do is cut mine shorter..LOL
Like the car!

Talk about mixing old school.. I was at boarder books looking thru the mags, and saw a European magazine for VW's.. this guy put a GTI body on a bug pan.. it was awesome.. don't know if I would do it, but it was cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far)   The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:48 pm

Admin wrote:
this guy put a GTI body on a bug pan.. it was awesome.. don't know if I would do it, but it was cool.

Was that the white one Brad?

The best thing about Josh's vert is that he can always go out in his back yard and change the color for $15 Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far)   The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Yeah.. that was a white one. It was a cool concept.. but???? different strokes for different folks.

This is true.. actually it will about 25.00 now a days.. can't buy a can of decent paint for under 5 bucks anymore
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
OldSkoolVWLover
SacTown
OldSkoolVWLover

PostSubject: Re: The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far)   The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:41 pm

Admin wrote:
Yeah.. that was a white one. It was a cool concept.. but???? different strokes for different folks.

This is true.. actually it will about 25.00 now a days.. can't buy a can of decent paint for under 5 bucks anymore

Gotta remember with the vert I save on paint Very Happy ..... went from Satin black to the custom mix color in just over a quart..... including having to respray a few spots (someone had dumped a box on the highway, hit it the week the car went back together going to Niello to pick up parts). Once I finish the body work (some day), or at least finish the spots that need to be finished before I will take the time to blow the car apart, it will be getting painted again.

When I went with the burgundyish color I kept all the jams, back seat area, and trunk satin black. Only part not painted different from factory color is the engine bay itself. I like keeping the satin jams though, cuz they will flow with any color especially since entire interior other than carpet is black.

I need to get in gear and finish cleaning up the interior and get some good current interior shots. Currently where the factory deck location is I have a old skool VW AM Radio, also have a Moon bigfoot gas pedal... also not pictured that I have been running for years now is the 3 point old skool style wolfcrest lap belts.

Back to top Go down
http://www.EarlyWatercooled.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far)   The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far) Empty

Back to top Go down

The OldSkools - 00 Golf Vert (so far)
Page 1 of 1