Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Digital projector anyone?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dsimas

dsimas

Digital projector anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Digital projector anyone?   Digital projector anyone? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 am

I have received the DVD of the Bus Movie (www.busmovie.com) and would love to share it with everyone that didn't see it at events or in a theater yet. We saw it at Syncrofest out under the stars, camping with 100 VW nuts, which was ideal. So, I was thinking if we could find a location (my pasture or a park?) that we could do that on a warm summer evening, we just need a screen and projector. Anyone?
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Digital projector anyone?   Digital projector anyone? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:14 pm

That'd be rad!
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Digital projector anyone?   Digital projector anyone? EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:28 pm

Okay, I've arranged a few viewings to choose from...

There's a private BBQ After Party of Bugorama at a friends in Sacto on Sunday afternoon (Labor Day weekend). He has a 60+" screen and room for 20 in his media room, so email me if you're interested and I'll ask him if he'll have room for more.

Robert Skinner is planning an Open House at his shop with the movie being projected outside on the wall that night. It will be Sept 29. He's lining up 12 buses in the rear as "special seating" and will raffle off (free tix, one to each attendee) the opportunity to sit in a splitty bus to watch the show. Hot dogs and hamburgers and lots of VW people...

The next night, Sept 30, I may project it at my place in the pasture under the stars. We will have the projector and so I need to do it the next day or pay double for another rental on another weekend. I'll offer people to camp out after, but it's a Sunday, so I'm not sure how many will want to. You are more than welcome. We'll BBQ potluck and have a campfire. Smile Let me know how popular this is so I can decide whether to or not.

Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: Digital projector anyone?   Digital projector anyone? EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:04 pm

I bought the DVD myself and my plan is to watch if on board ship!! Very Happy I sure hope the cruise ships tv's have rca jacks! LOL

I have been trying to copy mine onto a "back up" dvd. I'm not having much luck. Does anyone have a good dvd burner software they can suggest? Mac version would be great but I can also do PC if I have too.

Sorry for the thread jack! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Digital projector anyone?   Digital projector anyone? EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:22 pm

Kim, you can download the movie in HD from their website now...
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: Digital projector anyone?   Digital projector anyone? EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:55 pm

dsimas wrote:
Kim, you can download the movie in HD from their website now...

Oh, I already bought the DVD. Just figured I would make a "copy". But guess I don't have to now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
916pat

916pat

PostSubject: Re: Digital projector anyone?   Digital projector anyone? EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 12:20 pm

sounds like you have it worked out but I have a projector and about a 120" screen setup in my back yard. I wouldn't mind seeing it. I could seat 25 or so.
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Digital projector anyone?   Digital projector anyone? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:27 pm

916pat wrote:
sounds like you have it worked out but I have a projector and about a 120" screen setup in my back yard. I wouldn't mind seeing it. I could seat 25 or so.

Let's do it. I would love everyone to get a chance to see it. Who would like to? Greg? Pick a date? On a Saturday night would be best for me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digital projector anyone?   Digital projector anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Digital projector anyone?
Page 1 of 1