Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Heynow

Go down 
+6
lovetheair1
Breck
west coast ghia
my65rhd
mikeinch
MType3
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MType3

MType3

Heynow                                                 Empty
PostSubject: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Hello NorCal VDubs.
My name is Michael and im a first time vw owner. My current Dub is a 1968 Squareback I have owned it for several years now, but have only been able to drive it less then one hundred miles. Previous ownership has taken its tole on this poor T3, and i have been doing my best to undo all the damage she has endured. Faulty generator and regulator to start with, then a rats nest of open splices and inoperative interior, gauge and back up lights have driven me to take apart the fuse block and clean up all the connections. Currently the car is none operational due to faulty generator and the fuse block being disconnected I hope to have the car running by summer.

Heynow                                                 Photo.php?fbid=1370038819479&set=a.1370038219464.53752.1486988674&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ash3%2F24733_1370038819479_5476981_n
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/michael.levin.35
mikeinch

mikeinch

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Welcome! I'm a big fan of the type 3.
Back to top Go down
my65rhd
SacTown
my65rhd

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Welcome to the Forums. I sort of like Type 3's... Kyle
Back to top Go down
MType3

MType3

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:21 pm

Thanks guys for the worm welcomes

my65rhd wrote:
Welcome to the Forums. I sort of like Type 3's... Kyle
lol! just kinda????
anyways....lets see if this works.......

Heynow                                                 Front_zps2f7c2e50

woot, got it cheers

Back to top Go down
my65rhd
SacTown
my65rhd

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Very cool. Hope you get it back on the road soon
Back to top Go down
mikeinch

mikeinch

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:22 am

Nice! Hey your steering wheel is on the correct side. Hey Kyle look, his steering wheel is where it's supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
my65rhd
SacTown
my65rhd

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:40 am

Only I know the correct location. How was I to know beer was being served on the production line when my car was being built...Long live Type 3's
Back to top Go down
west coast ghia
SacTown
west coast ghia

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:03 am

welcome...just in time for a get together

here is the link

http://www.norcalvdubs.com/t1640-january-31-2013-nor-cal-vdubs-get-together-new#26516
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/lonnyatforyourride
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Welcome!! I read your car's list of issues......sounds like a typical vw.....minimal time invested to ger her running for sure... What a Face Shocked Just kidding!!! Lets get her rolling!!! Breck
Back to top Go down
lovetheair1

lovetheair1

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Welcome.nice ride.
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:10 pm

Welcome... You must be a Grateful Dead fan!
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:45 pm

Nice square! See you around! What a Face
Back to top Go down
MoonMullins

MoonMullins

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:44 am

Hello
Back to top Go down
MType3

MType3

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:08 am

Breck. im always accepting help, i would even provide lunch. Wink
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:26 pm

MT3, can you discribe what "faulty generator" means.
Back to top Go down
MType3

MType3

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 7:25 pm

faulty as in, not operable. The generator is not producing power (at idol or driving speed). I replaced the generator with a re manufactured one and installed a new regulator at the same time. I made sure to polarize the generator and things worked fine for about a day, but then i got the same problem....the battery wasn't getting a charge and the car would die again.
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 7:51 pm

Two generators....both not charging......sounds like something is hooked up incorrect. I cant believe that both wont supply pwr.. I am headed to a group meeting tonight at Mels diner in Rocklin. I will pass the word around and see what the folks think. Breck
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 pm

IF THE GEN LIGHT IN THE DASH IS NOT WORKING THERES YOUR PROBLEM. THAT LIGHT HAS TO BE WORKING FOR THE REST OF IT TO WORK. NOT SURE IF ITS A LITTLE KNOWN FACT OR NOT BUT I HAVE SEEN THAT PROBLEM A COUPLE TIMES.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
my65rhd
SacTown
my65rhd

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:56 pm

Yes definitely the dash light not working would cause the problem
Back to top Go down
MType3

MType3

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:43 pm

Thats interesting. Well, i have 0 interior lights, gauge lights dont work, my signal light indicators do work, how ever none of my warning lights come on when i first start. I could faintly see the high beam indicator but thats about it. Headlights, taillights, turn signals, breaklights all work. Emergency switch blinks when pulled but dosnt activate my indicators.
Back to top Go down
my65rhd
SacTown
my65rhd

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:13 am

Having your generator warning light working is essential. That light completes the circuit. Here is some information from a website I like. Hope this helps Kyle
http://www.vw-resource.com/index.html

The little light on the left, a red light, indicates the function of your generator or alternator. It is usually referred to as the "Alt" (or "Gen") light. If this light goes on and says on, stop the car immediately, as there is something wrong in the electrical system (e.g., a broken fan belt, something wrong with the generator/alternator, etc.). If this light is inoperable, the charging circuit is incomplete and you're running entirely on the battery (which you won't do for long).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heynow    Heynow                                                 Empty

Back to top Go down

Heynow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Norcal Vdubs :: About Us :: Welcome - Networking :: Welcome-
Jump to: