Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Breck's New Bus

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
justcruzin

justcruzin

Breck's New Bus Empty
PostSubject: Breck's New Bus   Breck's New Bus EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:11 am

After some searching Breck found a bus. He, Dewey and I went to Merced to check it out yesterday, (6-16-13).  I took a few pics I thought I'd share with you all.

Breck's first test drive.

Breck's New Bus IMG_6004_zps980c9d4b

Dewey's test drive.

Breck's New Bus IMG_6007_zpsabce9c8b

I test drove it too, but didn't take a picture of that. LOL

Breck's New Bus IMG_6008_zps0bbcd138

Breck's New Bus IMG_6009_zps235c7c33

Breck's New Bus IMG_6010_zps13d7188f

Heading home.

Breck's New Bus IMG_6013_zps8ad835ef

Breck cleaning the windshield. I was across the street yelling at him to hurry up because it was getting cold in my air conditioned car and I was going to have to turn the heater on if we didn't get going. LOL I teased them all the way home about my a/c and how cool it was in my car. LOL Very Happy

Breck's New Bus IMG_6014_zps06795c0f

Ok, that's all I got. Breck will probably update with more later. He'll probable sleep a half of today away because he was up for 19- 20 some odd hours yesterday. He was pretty drained. Luckily Dewey was able to go with us and drove the bus all the way to Breck's place for him!
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

Breck's New Bus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breck's New Bus   Breck's New Bus EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:14 am

Forgot to mention that on the way home Breck and Dewey figured out a name for our little bay group. We are now Nor Cal Bays! Very Happy  We have a 69, 70 and 71. Also we are very patriotic. We have Dewey's red bus, my white bus and now Breck's blue bus. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

Breck's New Bus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breck's New Bus   Breck's New Bus EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 1:33 pm

A big thanks to Dewy and Kim for all there help and to Bob for his advice....My total hours awake came to 30!!!  about 18 too many for this old guy. Just a note about the seller. Jared makes his living by buying and selling Vw's.  His representation of the bus was spot on, no surprises and a clean deal. He sells from Craigslist and the Samba. He also can be found at Bugorama. If you ever get the chance to meet him he is a good resource for buses and related Vw stuff.  Thanks for posting the pics Kim.  I will try and get some inside shots up soon.  Breck
Back to top Go down
tubdub

Breck's New Bus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breck's New Bus   Breck's New Bus EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:24 pm

I was just gonna ask if you picked that up from Jared. I almost bought it but 1 is enough for me right now.  Good Luck with it .  is that a late bay VW emblem on the nose?
Back to top Go down
tubdub

Breck's New Bus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breck's New Bus   Breck's New Bus EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:26 pm

If its missing the rear seat i have 1 available:D
Back to top Go down
justcruzin

justcruzin

Breck's New Bus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breck's New Bus   Breck's New Bus EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:38 pm

I could have sworn I put this topic in the "picture gallery" section. Can someone move it? It really doesn't belong in the classifieds! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
west coast ghia
SacTown
west coast ghia

Breck's New Bus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breck's New Bus   Breck's New Bus EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 2:24 am

see look on how things start. congrats Breck on the new bay
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/lonnyatforyourride
Breck

Breck

Breck's New Bus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breck's New Bus   Breck's New Bus EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:12 am

Thanks Lonny, tubdub, is the seat that you have a fold down bed type? I have the correct front emblem for the front. Yes it is a late bay,,,,, but not for long!
Back to top Go down
tubdub

Breck's New Bus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breck's New Bus   Breck's New Bus EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 5:41 pm

no, the rear seat ihave is just a stock seat
Back to top Go down
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

Breck's New Bus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breck's New Bus   Breck's New Bus EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:08 am

Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

Breck's New Bus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breck's New Bus   Breck's New Bus EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:30 am

Bus was born June 1968 and sent to Seatle, I am assuming that is why it has the round side markers. Neptune blue with sealed head lights and rear vent windows.
Back to top Go down
Breck

Breck

Breck's New Bus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breck's New Bus   Breck's New Bus EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Just got the word from Jbugs that the tweed interior is a special order item, the idiot that I called tried to tell me that it was on the order site, so I said "lets go look together" NOT!! I guess I have time to prep the floor now.... three to four weeks out!!Shocked Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breck's New Bus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breck's New Bus   Breck's New Bus Empty

Back to top Go down

Breck's New Bus
Page 1 of 1