Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OK peeps. decent mechanic feeling dumb!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
b.langstaff

OK peeps. decent mechanic feeling dumb! Empty
PostSubject: OK peeps. decent mechanic feeling dumb!   OK peeps. decent mechanic feeling dumb! EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Im new to vdubs. I have a 1600dp that appears to be leaking oil between the block and the barrel. dumb question is there a gasket of any kind between the barrel and block? If not. Does anyone have a clue what it could be?

Any help is appreciated big time. thanks
Back to top Go down
WRP3

WRP3

PostSubject: Re: OK peeps. decent mechanic feeling dumb!   OK peeps. decent mechanic feeling dumb! EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 3:41 pm

There are a plethora of places where oil can permeate on a VW. I’m not sure about the “barrel”?
I am guessing the engine and the transaxle. There are no gaskets. More than likely one of the oil seals is leaking.
Back to top Go down
61rag
State Route
61rag

PostSubject: Re: OK peeps. decent mechanic feeling dumb!   OK peeps. decent mechanic feeling dumb! EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 5:15 pm

I have seen a small paper gasket between the block and the cylinder barrel. However if that's where it's leaking you should re-tourqe the heads you might just need a little tightening.
Back to top Go down
my65rhd
SacTown
my65rhd

PostSubject: Re: OK peeps. decent mechanic feeling dumb!   OK peeps. decent mechanic feeling dumb! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Maybe your oil cooler is leaking. Is it on the left side of the engine?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK peeps. decent mechanic feeling dumb!   OK peeps. decent mechanic feeling dumb! Empty

Back to top Go down

OK peeps. decent mechanic feeling dumb!
Page 1 of 1