Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need Weber 44 IDF parts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Need Weber 44 IDF parts Empty
PostSubject: Need Weber 44 IDF parts   Need Weber 44 IDF parts EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Had a great time at Bugorama! I bought the Weber 44 IDF carb and manifold I've been wanting forever. The guy assured me that it ran fine.When I tore it down this morning, I found that most of the internal parts are missing! Ran fine my ass! Soooooo... I'm looking to buy a float, emulsion tubes,main jets,etc for a 44 IDF. Would be willing to buy a "parts" carb if anybody has one. Let me know what you have and how much you're asking. Thanks, Eric
Back to top Go down
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: Need Weber 44 IDF parts   Need Weber 44 IDF parts EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Those are the people we need to track down and rough up a little. There is nothing worse than a lying sack of crap at a swap meet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need Weber 44 IDF parts   Need Weber 44 IDF parts EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:31 pm

Amen to that ,Brother!
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: The expensive lesson   Need Weber 44 IDF parts EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:00 pm

I have been burned three times.
1) Never buy from a guy that runs a shop. If it is good he will use it on a customers car.
2)Always check adjustment screws that was expensive lesson. Look for water damage, steel screws and aluminum housings dont like water.
3)Gently shake or rock the carbs for floats, this will let you know if it has a float not of the mounting tabs are broke. Back to lesson 1
4) Never ever buy carbs from Stan lives in Redding old man at Bugorama drag strip side close to the front of meet. He will trow 2 Webers together and claim they are matched. Back to lesson 1

If you buy them right it hurts less.

Now who wants to buy some Webers
Need Weber 44 IDF parts 9-26-120
The top two on the right have water damage and frozen adjustment screws. And about a $200.00 investment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Weber 44 IDF parts   Need Weber 44 IDF parts Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Weber 44 IDF parts
Page 1 of 1