Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VW 36HP Crank Handle Pulley Tin $99

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
amishman
State Route
amishman

VW 36HP Crank Handle Pulley Tin $99 Empty
PostSubject: VW 36HP Crank Handle Pulley Tin $99   VW 36HP Crank Handle Pulley Tin $99 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:25 pm

**Update. I have sold all the parts.

tj

The rest below was my original ad that I have left since we had further discussion after I posted it. But, see above note about the one item I have left......
Decided to sell all my components to make a hand crank start setup for buses 1959 or older. And yes, that includes 59 because the hand crank handle I have is the longer design for 1959 buses. So, will work for a 59 with over-rider rear bumper as well as 1958 or older buses. The only repro part in my setup is the handle that I know for sure since I purchased that from Thom here on the Samba that made a few of these. It is a very close to stock handle made by a member here on The Samba that is well know and makes quality repro parts. The hand crank apron and special crank start pulley tin and crank start nut are all original parts from the 1950s to the best of my knowledge. All parts are in very nice condition. In fact the pulley tin is all painted and ready to use and the crank start nut is in perfect condition. The crank handle is new and nicely painted black. The only item that needs painting is the apron.

The apron is in rather nice condition. Not all rusted and bent up like most you see. Most you see have muffler holes cut in them. Mine is complete and not cut anyplace. It is partially painted black just to keep some paint on it to keep it from getting rusty while in my shop for storage until I was ready to use it. Even the rubber engine seal on it is usable if need be. If you need more angles of any pictures, let me know.

The pulley tin is super clean and very like new and the handle is basically new.

Prefer to sell as a complete set but may entertain offers on items separate. Can ship but prefer pickup since boxing these oddball size metal will be a pain but can do it if needed at buyers expense.

Taking offers. $500 or higher I will consider. Less than $500 no. 8-)

* I have pictures for those interested.

Last edited by amishman on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:20 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwhippie.com
zuhaelter_82
SacTown
zuhaelter_82

PostSubject: Re: VW 36HP Crank Handle Pulley Tin $99   VW 36HP Crank Handle Pulley Tin $99 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 5:43 pm

I have a 59 and got real excited until I saw that it was Thom's handle. So are you willing to part this out? lol! I keed I keed... I also have everything I need except the original handle!!!
Back to top Go down
amishman
State Route
amishman

PostSubject: Re: VW 36HP Crank Handle Pulley Tin $99   VW 36HP Crank Handle Pulley Tin $99 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:09 pm

zuhaelter_82 wrote:
I have a 59 and got real excited until I saw that it was Thom's handle. So are you willing to part this out? lol! I keed I keed... I also have everything I need except the original handle!!!

I forgot to change the verbage. Laughing I had changed it on The Samba to prefer to sell as a set but open to offers.

Glad I checked the thread and saw your note.

Thoms handles are pretty nice. Getting a 59 original handle seems like searching for a needle in a haystack.

8-)

tj
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwhippie.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VW 36HP Crank Handle Pulley Tin $99   VW 36HP Crank Handle Pulley Tin $99 Empty

Back to top Go down

VW 36HP Crank Handle Pulley Tin $99
Page 1 of 1