Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

70 Pumba (Baja)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

70 Pumba (Baja) Empty
PostSubject: 70 Pumba (Baja)   70 Pumba (Baja) EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:31 pm

Well I got the interior painted gloss black today and I started making my own Baja hood and nose. So far the lid has turned out nice with little effort, cutting and welding. Mostly I just put a pie cut on each edge and bent the tip down and welded it back up. I still need to grind and fill tomorrow.
I also finally picked up the exhaust gaskets and the last J pipe that had to be re bent. Another thing to do in the next few days, installing it.
I still have to fab up a custom nose and I'm thinking of using the rear skirt that I had cut off so the deck lid will still seal like stock, just bent down wards. I don't like fiber glass.... I play to hard. =)

I wish I had a camera to show you guys but you will just have to wait and see in person.
Back to top Go down

70 Pumba (Baja) Empty
PostSubject: Blood, swet and tears   70 Pumba (Baja) EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 9:24 pm

Well today started out ok until I started taking off the old stock exhaust. 3 previously stripped nuts at the rear ports and I had to split one heater box to get at one of them. 4 hours later with no breakfast yet I finally started to install the new baja style headers but quickly found out that they were designed for opwn rear end. Sad
I really did not want to have to cut all that metal off and when I found out that both my saw and my grinder were shot I got out my drill (for welds), my cold chisle, hammer, and my sheet metal shears. No
Yes I managed to whack off the entire rear end from firewall back with just hand tools. Only 2 cuts, 1 bruise, and an aching back!
I also had to recut the rear fenders, hood, and remount the lights.
Job done and road ready in 8 hours. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

70 Pumba (Baja) Empty
PostSubject: down to the 1 Bug   70 Pumba (Baja) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:15 pm

I finally got all the bugs worked out of my engine from bad wires to exhaust leaks. The last very hard to pin point vacuum leak was a ripped diaphragm in the altitude adjuster.
Now Pumba is purring instead of farting. Cool
Back to top Go down

70 Pumba (Baja) Empty
PostSubject: MUD BATH!   70 Pumba (Baja) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:19 pm

As all things that smelly wart hogs klike best is playing in a huge deep mud puddle! I just had to go for it. Pumba plowed though the mud like a true hog. It was coming over the hood and I shot a roost.
Life is grand! pig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

70 Pumba (Baja) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 70 Pumba (Baja)   70 Pumba (Baja) Empty

Back to top Go down

70 Pumba (Baja)
Page 1 of 1