Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th

Go down 
+9
Bahabuggin
Mateo
SurfinSuzie
Andy
Paul. T
60herbie53
type 4
Smogman72
Bradford
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SurfinSuzie
State Route
SurfinSuzie

SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:04 am

K. So off topic... Not really but still.... I am HOPEFULLY, (If all goes how i hope.), possibly taking a trip to Orange County to visit my family down there for my spring break. Now with the price of airplane tickets as they are now I cant afford to fly down there, so I was wondering if it was anyway possible that my car would make it down there and not die on me and have me stranded and you guys see me missing on the 6 o'clock news and all..... Rolling Eyes If not or if you have a different opinion, tell me and talk me out of it or something..... But i really really REALLY want to go! So if there was anyway that I could prepair my car and myself please please PLEASE tell me!! Thanks guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:49 am

Have you ever taken Suzie over the summit?

My only concern would be taking on the Grapevine with stock oil setup.

affraid

But I bet she would make it...
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Spencer   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:13 am

It a hard call, since the last tech day how is your car doing. When you drive to Auburn does it loose power? If you do do it take 99 you have more towns and if something does happen you wont be so stranded. Keep you speeds down and you may make it.

I hate to bring this up but Don does have a super beetle tow bar he is not using right now. We could mount the mount on Saturday and if it does break you can hitchhike home with your car.

D
Back to top Go down
SurfinSuzie
State Route
SurfinSuzie

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:17 am

Thanks guys Smile its just that i havent sen my family down there FOREVER and i kinda want to supprise them. Just didnt know if my car would make it and all...
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:49 am

Only you can make that call. You drive it everyday... do you feel good about the way it drives? Anything out of place?

If you have been driving it to Auburn and back.. does it act funny after the drive?

Typically if you can drive 49 back and forth to Auburn and you feel good about it.. no difference in the car after the trip.. why not. Keep it in the slow lane at 60 mph and make the trip.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Spencer   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:04 am

You should come to tech day to check fluids. When was the last time your transmission was checked?

Dons tow bar would enable you to brake down and get towed home or someplace safe. I think it is 4 bolts and is removable.

Take some extra oil and check it when you get gas.

I just want you to have a good trip.

Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 12:34 pm

YES TAKE SOME EXTRA PARTS JUST IN CASE.

POINTS, CONDENSOR (BETTER YET SPEND THE $50-80 ON ELECTRONIC POINT AND USE YOUR STOCK PARTS AS BACK UP), CAP, ROTOR, BELT, OIL, COOLANT Razz

WE CAN DO A GOOD ONCE OVER ON IT SATURDAY.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Spencer   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Spencer are you coming to tech day? I can let you borrow a distributor that all you have to do is remove one 13mm bolt and pull your old one out and drop the new on in and go. Now someone will have to come up with a type 1 hold down I am out and only have type 4 and they are different. And I have a couple of extra coils you can take one with you.

Let me know
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Cliff   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Hey Smogman I dont think he drinks so coolant may be out of the question. I can grab him a flare.
What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:21 pm

Anybody have a sump lying around?

That could help out alot IMO.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Matt   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:27 pm

The tweeker in Marysville I got the carb and broken distributor had one for cheep. Missing everything, screws and oil pickup extension. I may have his number if you get desperate.

D
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:02 pm

The car should be fine. Just do like they said and keep your speed down and take it easy over the mountain. I would also suggest climbing the Vine in the morning or late evening when it is cooler. Have you checked into train tickets?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Spencer   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:57 pm

You may also want to turn down the stereo the car will talk to you and you need to hear what it is saying.
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: What to bring   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Ok

Paul are you coming to Tech day do you still want the lights?? trade, buy

Eric I will try to bring the front fender

Cliff I have the distributors boxed I need to find caps

Let me know if I need to bring more junk.

Back to top Go down
Bahabuggin
SacTown
Bahabuggin

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Cliff do you have a welder at the shop?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:41 pm

type 4 wrote:
Ok

Thanks David. What time will you be there? BTW I stuffed the 1835 in the Trug (Sami is out of town) Do you still have an assortment of Weber jets that I can play with?
Brad, do you want me to bring that beam?
Spencer, I'll bring you a horn.
Matthew, I found a sun visor for May. I'll bring it along.
Anything else?
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:21 am

If you have any of those turbo things laying around that look like a snail shell you could bring one of those.

I am just sayin.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul. T
SacTown
Paul. T

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:25 am

type 4 wrote:
Ok

If I can fix "Coca Cola" in time I will. As for the wheels trade, I will bring the wheels if you want to check them out. They ARE BEAT!. Sorry I never posted pics.
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:38 am

Yeah Eric, that would be great. I have to work, but can pick it up from the shop on the way home if anyone is there or pick it up on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Bahabuggin
SacTown
Bahabuggin

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:44 am

Admin wrote:
Yeah Eric, that would be great. I have to work, but can pick it up from the shop on the way home if anyone is there or pick it up on Tuesday.

Do you work sunday
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:48 am

No, but Robin does. Why was sup?
Back to top Go down
Bahabuggin
SacTown
Bahabuggin

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:52 am

Admin wrote:
No, but Robin does. Why was sup?

wanted to see if you could come down check out motor maybe shoot bows if you want.
My bug is running like crap
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Eric   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:17 am

Eric

I will pack Weber stuff

Paul beat is better I dont have much money, plus I will just smoke the anyway

Matt when do you want to go sail shopping
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:29 am

Bahabuggin wrote:
Cliff do you have a welder at the shop?

YES AND NO.

I HAVE A LITTLE 110 CRAFTSMAN FLUXCORE WELDER. BETTER THAN NOTHING BUT IF YOU WANT IT TO LOOK GOOD NOT THE RIGHT CHOICE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Bahabuggin   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:24 am

Bahabuggin your bug has cough the bug mine had it earlier in the week. It only last a day or two, it mostly settles in the distributor and moves on to other parts before exiting through the exhaust. By Saturday it will be alright.

Dr David
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th   SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SRV - TECH Day / Meeting - April 16th
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next