Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wanted - wheel adapters

Go down 
+5
silvertonguedevil
Paul. T
60herbie53
type 4
Andy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:59 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:17 am

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:31 am

Come up with your own ideas. Have you no creativity?

Assbandit. lol!
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:33 am

It's ass-PILOT!

What a douche!
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:34 am

I'm laughing so hard I cannot catch my breath.
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:36 am

So am I actually!
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:37 am

I might have some wheel adapters. Kyle, do you remember what happened to the set from Buddy's donor car?
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

PostSubject: Dann   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:59 pm

He may be bored or a POST HOE
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:05 pm

You two are about neck and neck.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:39 pm

I don't recall ever seeing them. You and Jimmy picked that car up and I don't think I ever even saw the chassis.
Call Jimmy. He may have them.
That said, I can almost picture them in your garage, but I know what they look like and your garage, so it's not hard for my head to put the two together, but you're right, I seem to recall them floating around somewhere.

You're welcomed to them if we can locate them, Andy. We have no need for them.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:14 pm

Yeah. I am not sure. I'll give him a call.
Back to top Go down
Andy
State Route
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:03 pm

I bought some wheel adapters off of Eric, the pics of the car are on page 1. New gas shocks might do the trick but I don't want to spend $35 a piece if they still rub when I hit the brakes.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Okay good Andy. I thought you were still looking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Let me dig around. Maybe I have some loaners you could try out.
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:24 pm

That is what my bug is doing right now.. that is the idea of the air shocks.. more air.. more resistance... should really work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:28 pm

I've always heard that air shocks or coil-overs on the front make s a VW drive squirrelly.
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:11 pm

The BF G radial TA tires are highly rated. Just be sure they're not super old. I use/LOVE them. However, a light car like a buggy will be scary on hardened tires, which begins after only about 5-6 years, especially if the tires have been inactive.
Tires have date codes on them and are easy to read. They'll be in a little oval on the sidewall as the numbers are changed weekly.

If they are getting older but still seem fresh, run them like 5-8 pounds under max inflation. That'll put a little more on the ground and provide some additional flex.

How to determine the age of a tire.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:19 pm

I'll be the one doing all of the teaching when it comes to tires if you don't mind.

lol!

Back to top Go down
Andy
State Route
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:47 pm

Yeah, I know I shouldn't run old tires, but I'm gonna. These are brand new, with the nipples still on, never seen the sun, straight out of the 80's. So we'll see what happens, I may end up getting smaller/narrower tires for the front if the rubbing persists after trying different shocks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:39 pm

They seemed pretty soft and pliable when I saw them. I wouldn't be afraid to run them. I've got a good pair a stock shocks, and a pair of "Premium Heavy Duty" shocks that you are welcome to try for a while to see if that helps. Don't have any gas shocks though. Give me a call if you want to use them. Another thought: it's fairly common on dune buggys to remove one or more of the torsion springs to soften up the ride. Unfortunately, I don't think you can't tell without tearing apart the beam. I'd try shocks first and see what happens........
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Actually.. if you clean up the end of the control arms, you should be able to see all the torsions in there.. if I remember right..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Brad, you may be right. Ball joint type is capped. But the early ones are open.
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 12:57 am

I have a set of new KYG gas shocks for a Type-1 '66 and later.

I don't know if they will fit, but you're welcome to give them a go if they do.

I won't be putting them on until I do my front end and that is a few weeks off.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 2:38 am

Oh.. ball joints are capped... didn't think of that. I just remembered the older ones being open.
Back to top Go down
Andy
State Route
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 7:21 pm

Well I just broke down and spent the $17 each for the two front gas shocks at Napa. Seems to help, but I did notice that the driver's side sits about 3/4 of an inch lower than the pass side, any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - wheel adapters   Wanted - wheel adapters - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanted - wheel adapters
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next