Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"

Go down 
+5
Andy
Bradford
silvertonguedevil
type 4
dsimas
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dsimas

dsimas

Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" Empty
PostSubject: Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"   Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Is it tonight?

Sorry I ended up missing meeting you guys at Ice Cream on Tuesday. As Ray and Christiane told some of you, I got attacked by my bull. I have a few cattle and was unloading the bull at 5pm and was in a hurry to go meet up with them at 5:30pm. My fault. I was rushed and wasn't focused on him, didn't get my Hot Shot for safety, and didn't know my cow was in heat. Perfect Storm of mistakes. He crushed me and pinned me in the stocktrailer. My Mom heard me screaming and called 911. The sheriff deputies were there in 2 minutes with rifles. Thank God they didn't shoot him, I have him sold for $2500 next week. I somehow got away, I don't even recall. They were going to lifeflight me to the Trauma Center in Rosevilled, but the Auburn Faith Hosp is only 2 miles from me and it was quicker so I went there. The funny thing is: as I'm in shock in the ambulance, I was asking for my cell phone so that I could call Christiane and Ray to tell them I wasn't going to make it since they were waiting. I should have been dead and I was worried about being late to the group!

They did cat scans and xrays and MRI. My sternum is very sore, cracked a few ribs, and my knee is very messed up. I have a walker to get around, feel like my Grandpa. Sad Lots of doctor appts, lots of friends coming and going in shifts to help me out. The worry right now is pulmonary embolism, diverticulitis, and pneumonia developing. But I am lucky to not be paralyzed, broken, or dead. My bull is polled (no horns), so I have a lot to be thankful for.

That being said: This is what it took to keep me from the dang meeting! I really was looking forward to meeting many of you. But I was wondering if anyone is going to Auburn Cruise Night if it is tonight???

Last edited by dsimas on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
type 4
State Route
type 4

Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"   Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:49 pm

I hope you get well soon.

David
Back to top Go down
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"   Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:51 pm

You couldn't of had the ambulance bring you by the meeting? Rolling Eyes
Yeah, whatever. You need to be more dedicated than that!!!

lol!

I'm totally kidding of course. I'm very happy to hear that everything sounds to be ok. Even with you injuries, you're lucky to be alive! Get well soon!!!! There'll be other meetings.

Last edited by silvertonguedevil on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"   Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Frikin' Greg.. you funny.

Glad your good.. I will pray for a speedy recovery!!

Yes, tonight is the Auburn cruise. Don't think anyone is going. We sort of have a bad taste from this event. Fun as a spectator, no fun trying to park your car for show.

Can't wait to meet you at the next event you can make!
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com
silvertonguedevil
SacTown
silvertonguedevil

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"   Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:58 pm

...and until then, unless it's steaming hot and sittin' on your plate, try to stay away from those cows!
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"   Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:23 pm

Thanks everyone. Smile

How about Downtown Tuesday Nights in Roseville? Anybody going next Tuesday?
Back to top Go down
Andy
State Route
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"   Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 7:25 pm

Best of luck Dawn, hope you make a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"   Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:43 pm

Thank you Andy. I just found out I have a complete torn ACL that will need surgery. And two compression fractures in the back of my knee. Along with my bum hip on the other side, makes it difficult to walk (but hopefully not too difficult to drive), and cracked ribs. I am so thankful, at least I know I'll heal. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Mateo
Admin
Mateo

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"   Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:36 pm

Speedy recovery to you Dawn.

With your positive attitude, I am sure everything will turn out well.

flower
Back to top Go down
Bradford
Admin
Bradford

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"   Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:23 am

We need to rally up the SacTown folks to go the Tuesday nights.

I will talk to Greg to get a set date for everyone to make it. There is usually a few vw's down there.

I would love to go, but have to work till 5:30.. so by the time I get down there it is almost over
Back to top Go down
http://www.norcalvdubs.com

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"   Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:41 am

Glad to hear you're okay! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator
Smogman72

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"   Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:33 am

AND TO THINK THE ONLY REASON I WENT WAS TO MEET THE NEW FOLKS Rolling Eyes SAME OLD PEOPLE, SAME OLD CARS, SAME OLD STORY Sleep Sleep Laughing

NAH!!!! JUST PLAYIN GUYS Cool . I TRY TO MAKE ANY AND EVERYTHING.

I CANT BELIEVE YOUR TELLING US IT TOOK A LOAD OF BULL affraid TO KEEP YOU FROM MEETING US Rolling Eyes What a Face .

WHICH ONE OF US DID YOU HEAR STINKS? Razz ITS OK YOULL GET USED TO IT Laughing

OK OK ALL KIDDING ASIDE. HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON AND WE ALL GET TO MEET YOU SOON AS WELL. USE THIS TIME TO DEVISE A PLAN TO NEVER GET OLD (USING A WALKER AND ALL). HOPE YOU AT LEAST PUNCHED OR KICKED THAT BULL MAYBE SLAPPED HIM ON HIS NOSE AS PART OF A PAYBACK Razz Laughing

GET BETTER SOON
Back to top Go down
http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"   Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:23 am

Sorry to hear that Dawn. Glad to hear that you are mostly okay. Good luck with the surgery and have a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Bahabuggin
SacTown
Bahabuggin

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"   Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:27 pm

What have you been told about messing with the horns is true.
I will never honk my horn again.
Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"   Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack" Empty

Back to top Go down

Cruise Night/Downtown Tuesday Roseville, missing the Ice Cream Social, & my "bull attack"
Page 1 of 1