Norcal Vdubs
Norcal Vdubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vdubluv68

vdubluv68

Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations   Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:31 am

I'm about to replace my transmission in my bug. I know the place to go is Rancho but shipping a transmission seems a bit much. Does anyone have a recommendation on a company that rebuilds them here in Northern California at a reasonable price? I picked up a card at Bugorama to a place called Late Night AirCooled in Chico. Has anyone used them before?

Thanks for the input!

Michael
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations   Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:35 am

I know a guy up in Chico. His name is Tony and he does fantastic work. I'll call him tomorrow and get back to you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovebugfans.com
Davids74Super
SacTown
Davids74Super

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations   Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:37 am

Immense Performance Transaxles. Chad Bryan is the owner/builder. He lives in Linden, so that's pretty close to you. He builds my transmissions and motors. Not sure what the rates are, he is my sponsor, so I don't know. Here's his number. 916-903-8892
Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations   Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Oh, yeah, Tony in Chico. Master transmission builder.
Back to top Go down
http://lovebugfans.com/
vdubluv68

vdubluv68

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations   Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Does this mysterious Tony guy have a business name I can look up or a number?
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations   Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:59 pm

I'm waiting on a call back. I'll try him again tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
vdubluv68

vdubluv68

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations   Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 11:35 pm

Aww thanks! No rush as I just took it out. Just trying to get an idea on price so I know what body part I may have to sale.

Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations   Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 7:32 pm

I have their information at home, I think.
Back to top Go down
60herbie53
State Route
60herbie53

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations   Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:43 pm

I know Tony. It'll be "an arm and a leg." Actually he was pretty reasonable from what I remember.
Back to top Go down
vdubluv68

vdubluv68

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations   Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:27 am

I've been looking around and looks like the going price is about $450 up here in NorCal. Not too bad. Could get it around $350 down south but with shipping or the gas to get it doesn't seem worth it. So far I think my choice is that place I found at Bugorama, Late Night AirCooled in Chico. They have a bunch in stock already built so no wait time. Probably going to get one in the next week or so. Still time to find out about this Tony guy though.
Back to top Go down
dsimas

dsimas

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations   Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:34 am

Call Ray Vallero and Vallero's VW Werks right here locally in Auburn. If you come to the Ice Cream Social tomorrow, you can meet him. He's one of the best (although not the cheapest probably). He was friends with Gene Berg if that tells you anything...

www.valleros.com
530-823-6193

I keep telling him he needs to add a post to the Networking forum here, but it's racing season and he just doesn't get on the computer much.

Back to top Go down
Jim Douglas Jr
SacTown
Jim Douglas Jr

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations   Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:14 pm

I just got a nice message from him concerning the work I had done three years ago.

A+++ for follow through. That's real commitment to your customers.
Thanks, Ray.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations   Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations Empty

Back to top Go down

Rebuilt Transmission Recommendations
Page 1 of 1